Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Ultimate Fighter is in its fourth season, how are they gonna keep this thing fresh? They tried to change the format last time with the "comeback", but what's next, I think it's at risk of growing stale. maybe a celebrity ultimate fighter ... or take an average joe, give him the best training from liddell, hughes, st. pierre, couture, and make him fight a UFC fight in 6 months?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I reckon they should carry on getting fighters as per UF 1+2 but have 3 rounds-
round 1 Stand up striking only
round 2 No striking just Grappling e.g BJJ, Roman Greco
round 3 combo of both

Thats if they get past the 1st round.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Grotty said:
I reckon they should carry on getting fighters as per UF 1+2 but have 3 rounds-
round 1 Stand up striking only
round 2 No striking just Grappling e.g BJJ, Roman Greco
round 3 combo of both

Thats if they get past the 1st round.
that would never work out. A striker would KO or cut the grappler on the first round and he wouldnt be able to fight round 2 or 3.

·
Registered
669 Posts
ya thats a stupid idea lol takes the whole "MMA" concept right out of it.

I think Camps would be cool, you choose like 3 or 4 big camps each camp gets 2 or 3 fighters and then they do like they did in TUF 3 with choosing fights and bracket work.

I think the camps idea would be cool with camps like

Militech- Pat Militech
Team Quest- Randy Coulture
Team Punishment- Tito Ortiz

then i donno for the last team i feel like im missen a big camp out but theres others like American Top Team, Gracie Barra(sp?) and others like that. What do ya think about that eh?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spit206Fire said:
ya thats a stupid idea lol takes the whole "MMA" concept right out of it.

I think Camps would be cool, you choose like 3 or 4 big camps each camp gets 2 or 3 fighters and then they do like they did in TUF 3 with choosing fights and bracket work.

I think the camps idea would be cool with camps like

Militech- Pat Militech
Team Quest- Randy Coulture
Team Punishment- Tito Ortiz

then i donno for the last team i feel like im missen a big camp out but theres others like American Top Team, Gracie Barra(sp?) and others like that. What do ya think about that eh?
Hey that is a neat idea ...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I read somewhere that it is rumored that TUF 5 will feature 16 Lightweights; 8 previous UFC fighters, and 8 new up and comers. I also read that rumored coaches are Jens Pulver and BJ Penn. Don't know how true that is as you can't believe 1/2 of what you read these days. Something tells me that BJ has other things on his mind after losing to Hughes...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Y Stupid?, it would show the more well rounded fighters, and maybe your right but it was exactly that an idea no more no less so stop being disrespectful instaed try constructive criticism.
If something like that was in place i would have had the pleasure of seeing leben smash the crap out of Koscheck.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
celebrity ultimate fighter

‘Ultimate Social Boxing’ to Pit TikTok and YouTube Stars Against Each Other in the Ring (EXCLUSIVE)

Social media stars will lace up for “Ultimate Social Boxing,” a new project in the works from Propagate Content and LiveOne. The sports show will center on iconic personalities from the worlds of TikTok, YouTube, Instagram and other platforms who take their beefs to the ring.

The sports reality show will feature both male and female contestants, who will have to boast large social media followings in order to move into the “ultimate Social Boxing House.” From there, the players will live together, train together and then fight each other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts