Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I think Brandon Vera Has got what it takes to go places.I've loved all of his fights so far.This is the boy to watch.how long do you think he can keep this up?:p

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree. He's a good fighter and telegenic but I've yet to see him paired with anyone *really* good and I think he only has 4 or 5 MMA fights - so we'll have to see.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's already stated he wants Liddel. I think that's a little crazy.I guess you have to do what you have to do to get noticed.If he keeps up with these 1st round kos he won't need to call anyone out. I think he's currently 6and 0 or 7 and o

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
If he stays on pace with what he is doing, he could be good. Until he loses he won't be the best. After the first loss, that's when the fighter becomes more aware of what he is doing and that of his opponent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
JR1forums said:
I agree. He's a good fighter and telegenic but I've yet to see him paired with anyone *really* good and I think he only has 4 or 5 MMA fights - so we'll have to see.
No one Really good? Thats crazy. He's had 7 professional MMA fights not one has gone beyond the 2nd round. 5 wins by TKO 1 submission and 1 decision.

His last 3 fights were against opponents that each outweighed him by 20 to 30 pounds or more, and he just plowed his way thru each of them enforcing his will every time.

He took out Fabiano Scherner, Justin Eilers, and Assuerio Silva his last 3 fights like they were nobody. Not a one of those guys is a pushover by any means.

This guys stated goal is to be the first UFC fighter to hold the heavy and light heavy belt and I think he's the guy that could do it. He's walking the walk and backing it all up.

The Washington Post has a great article on the guy here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
vera is astud

brandon vera will definitely be a champion someday soon..... when he drops a little weight and fights at 205.... he will be hard to beat... i am a huge fan of this guy.... cant wait to see him fight again...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
He's a lot better fighter than his body would indicate. Based on his outter layer of fat (UFC 60) he should be a light heavy.:(

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I still want to see him fight a higher card fighter. I haven't seen him fight one yet. After Ultimate fight night where Assuerio Silva fought tim silvia i have no respect for him. Worst fight ever. So i think he has tremendous talent i'd just like to see him fight a bigger name.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Absolutely, we haven't really seen Vera get pushed to the limit as far as his abilities go, especially with that early guillotine.

I'd like to see him fight Cabbage, because I know that he won't be able to strike with Cabbage. I'd like to see him actually takedown an opponent. That's just my opinion. Once we see him fight that higher-card fighter we'll really be able to tell what his UFC carreer will be like.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Sorry, double post.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Eminem said:
He is very good but Chris Leben would knock him out.
I hope that was sarcasm.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Adora said:
Saw one of his fights. He was pretty good not great but good. Although that knee he gave to that guy was sick.
You're probably talking about the Fabiano Scherner fight that they re-showed last night. I don't really think that highly of scherner, even though he has a black belt. His takedowns were sloppy and his strikes were even worse.

Vera v Assuerio Silva should definitely have been a harder match than Scherner, but the fact that he ended it so quickly showed that he's come a long way.

Vera is definitely getting better, but he's still not first in line for a title shot, even after Arlovski. I think that Vera has a good future, but he's young so he should wait. He's also a little bit small for a heavyweight, maybe he should drop down to lightheavyweights. (he did call out the Iceman... what an idiot!)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Brandon Vera is average, he has not faced anyone with real talent yet, the only reason for all the hype is he called out chuck, its a great way to make waves but means nothing. Vera looked sluggish in the 2 fights i have seen of him. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
6 Posts
na vera is good hes a good fighter, n if u put wut he has on paper, BJJ brown belt/ national muay thai champ.....hes good...but u r right about him callin out chuck...he jus wants to get attention....w/e though..people began to notice him so he got what he wanted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts