Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's next? Paul Harris and Marquardt are tied up. A. Silva and Sonnen are tied up. W. Silva and Sexyama are tied up. He already KOd Jorge Santiago.

AVENGE OKAMI OR GROVE?
Okami is available and probably the choicest choice but personally I would like to see him avenge against Grove if he is able.

I think Okami will give Belcher problems but not Grove but Grove isn't a step up.

IF NO AVENGE FIGHT THEN WHO???...(Munoz...meh)

Overall I say Okami will get the nod.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Probably Okami.

I like Belcher, but he is a hot / cold fighter. And, quite frankly, he was getting teed off on by Cote last night. If not for the slam (BTW, I have no idea why Cote didn't defend that), he would have soundly lost.

·
Registered
742 Posts
imo it should be a top contender like Maia, Marquardt, maybe even Belfort just to see where he stacks up, he gets better with every showing and he's a tough kid. Okami wouldn't be a bad matchup either. I just hope they don't go backwards with him like their doing with Jon Jones and give him someone below his previous opponenet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Isnt Okami fighting Munoz? I hope I wasnt dreaming that. Im excited for it.

I agree that Id like to see him get revenge on Grove to get him another win, but he wants competetion so give him Wandy/Sexy or someone on that level.

·
Banned
689 Posts
tattoo removal

Reactions: Icculus

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Is there any real point in fighting Grove outside of it being Belcher's only opportunity to claim he beat the spider. With the few guys that are available I would say Maia or wait a little while so some people open up. That would be a terrible fight for him too.

Maybe he can Chael Sonnen it up afterwords and claim he didn't give up and call out Andy with a bunch of losses on his record. Then Joe Rogan can say that Maia robbed Belcher(of his arm.)

·
Banned
689 Posts
Following his UFC 113 victory over Patrick Cote, Alan Belcher spoke about fighting Anderson Silva, saying he would do it no matter the weight class.

"I'll fight him someday if he keeps winning because I'm going to move up to light heavy after a couple of title defenses," Belcher said. "It's a guarantee that I'll move up to light heavyweight. I'd like to win the belt first, but I can guarantee I'm going to move up."

Although Belcher has yet to even receive a title fight, Dana White seemed ready to consider that option. "Alan Belcher is a guy who we've had our eye on for a long time," White said. "The guy gets better every time he gets in there and fights, and he went in there against a very tough guy in Patrick Cote.

"I have a lot of respect for Cote. He hit Belcher with some big shots tonight. Belcher weathered the storm and ends up pulling off the victory, and I don't disagree with him. I think Belcher is getting himself in a position for some good things here in the future."

But is Belcher good enough to warrant keeping Anderson Silva at middleweight for a third fight, providing he beats Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort? White had previously said that if Silva were to beat those two, he would be moved up to light heavyweight.

"I don't know," White admitted. "We've got to go back and assess, but I've been watching Alan Belcher for a while. The thing I like about Belcher is he's the kind of fighter I like. This kid comes in, and he's aggressive. He doesn't lay around. He took some big shots tonight from Cote, and Cote is a tough guy and can knock you out with either hand. He stayed right in there.

"I was very impressed with Belcher tonight, and he gets more and more impressive every time he fights. I don't disagree with him. When he went up there tonight and said he's in the mix with Anderson Silva and could fight for the 185-pound title, I don't disagree with him at all."

For his part, Belcher believes he's improving with every fight. "I feel like I'm getting better every time, and I got to fight someone that's been in there with the champ, and it makes it a little bit more realistic for me to fight for the title in the future some time," Belcher said. "I overcame the crowd and getting booed and all that. I overcame a lot of fears and stuff, and I'm just really proud of myself.

"I performed closer to my potential. Maybe I'll peak
whenever I fight for the title."
http://www.mmascoops.com/news.php?page=/275459304

·
Registered
608 Posts
Dana keeps saying he wants Silva to fight Sonnen, Vitor, and the go to LHW permanently. I say when Vitor comes back he actually does a bit more to earn his shot and get a fight at 185 against Belcher. U could have the winner of that fight give Silva his last title defense. I believe Belcher beat Sexyama and even though the scorecards say otherwise he really has been impressive either way as of late. If he could pull off an upset of Vitor he would have def earned a title shot imo and if he loses as expected then u go ahead with Vitor/Silva as expected. Unless Sonnen actually pulls of the win (please God please) and then none of this matters...

Reactions: Icculus

·
Banned
8 Posts
I reckon Dana was so pissed off after the last Silva fight that he wanted the best athletes of that division to square off so he could come up with a list of the toughest opponents for Silva who would force him not to act like he had just done...

Cote was probably recalled to service quickly because of that, but I might be wrong on the timings...

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Probably Okami.

I like Belcher, but he is a hot / cold fighter. And, quite frankly, he was getting teed off on by Cote last night. If not for the slam (BTW, I have no idea why Cote didn't defend that), he would have soundly lost.
Cote was landing, but so was Belcher. It was obvious to met however that when Cote went forward, Belcher couldn't handle him and would get tagged. When Cote sat back and allowed Belcher to use the range, he got kicked in the guts repeatedly.

Belcher's one of them guys who takes damage even in his wins, but he is winning, that's all that matters. I think Vitor, Franklin, Wanderlei and Anderson would all deal with him though.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Right now I'm only interested in seeing Belcher fight Vitor or Marquardt..

Those fights wouldn't go the distance and would tell us alot about all three of these guys.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Marquart would put Belcher on his back and smash him. I would like to see Vitor have to get through Belcher first before he fights Silva.
Belcher can take some shots though... he doesn't have a glass jaw.

And after being raped by Sonnen.. Marquardt better do something big to stay in the picture... and a fight with Belcher is just what will put him back in the public eye..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts