Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious who you guys think should be inducted into the UFC hall of fame next.

For me i believe it should be hard to get into the hall of fame and chuck should not have been added before Tito. i also feel that Pat Miletich deserves the next spot in there as Coach/Fighter he trained 11 world champions throughout his career... also Frank Shamrock but that will prob never happen.. DAMN WE NEED A REAL MMA HALL OF FAME!

Pat Miletich
UFC 16 Lightweight tournament champion
4 time defending UFC welterweight Champion.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I agree with you about Tito, him Chuck and Randy really defined the UFC there for awhile.

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Idk who should be next but Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, and GSP are all future HoF locks for sure.
Of course to me as of now Randy couture is the greatest UFC fighter ever strictly on his accomplishments. If Anderson continues running through people he could go down as the greatest ever..

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Well Liddell, Couture, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, Matt Hughes, Mask, and Royce Gracie currently occupy the Hall of Fame. I would think that Tito Ortiz will make it for sure. I think that if Anderson Silva and GSP continue dominating then they will make it as well. I think that if Penn gets his belt back and then goes back to dominating everyone then he will make it one day.

I am interested to see if fighters like Cro Cop, BigNog, Shogun, or Wanderlei would make it. I mean, they are clearly legends in the MMA world, but they made those names for themselves outside of the UFC. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
820 Posts
Well Liddell, Couture, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, Matt Hughes, Mask, and Royce Gracie currently occupy the Hall of Fame. I would think that Tito Ortiz will make it for sure. I think that if Anderson Silva and GSP continue dominating then they will make it as well. I think that if Penn gets his belt back and then goes back to dominating everyone then he will make it one day.

I am interested to see if fighters like Cro Cop, BigNog, Shogun, or Wanderlei would make it. I mean, they are clearly legends in the MMA world, but they made those names for themselves outside of the UFC. What do you guys think?
I would love to see the PRIDE FC legends in the HOF, but I am not sure if the UFC wants that. I think they might keep it for their guys, but I could be, and am probally wrong in that thinking.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
I was thinking of this aswell, and it's unfortunate but I can't see the UFC inducting them into the "UFC" HoF, however if there was an "MMA" HoF, then definitely.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
I say no to Pat Miletich, if the Hall of Fame gets bigger and they start inducted more than one person a year but his record is 29-7 and his biggest victory was a draw against Dan Severn. I'd be more in favor of Jeremy Horn and Matt Lindland and I don't think either one of those guys is good enough for the Hall.

I also say no to Tito Ortiz, Tito is on a massive losing streak and his recent behavior has been appalling. It would be embarrassing to put a guy in the Hall of Fame that only thrived during the Pride era and is in a downward spiral. And as time goes by I don't think Tito's resume really holds up that well.

I think Bas Rutten and Don Frye should be the next two guys in the Hall. Of the active guys that should get a look Wanderlei Silva Mirko Cro-cop and Rich Franklin.

Of those five my pick would be Don Frye, he has two eight man tournament wins, he had some of the best fights of all time. But more then that we've inducted the pioneer wrestlers and BJJ guys but the first man to use effective boxing and striking isn't in the Hall?

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
I was thinking of this aswell, and it's unfortunate but I can't see the UFC inducting them into the "UFC" HoF, however if there was an "MMA" HoF, then definitely.
Shogun is still in his 20's he might have another 15 years left in him I say he gets in.

Cro-Cop falls under pioneer aspect of the sport and I also feel like he's going to have a few more battles against less than spectacular guys which he'll win.

Wanderlei once he puts three wins together he's in the guy has such a massive resume that he's like Mark Coleman and Dan Severn.

Nog is in my eyes in the most trouble, he's like a nicer version of Tito he's in a bad spiral downward and until he retires I don't think he'll get put in the Hall.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I think Tito is next, Shamrock would deserve it too based on his accomplishments inside the ring, but outside the ring he has showed next to no loyalty to ufc and has talked crap about it so much that there is no way he'll ever be added into HoF. Specially now that he is in SF HoF.

Other than that I hope Tito is the only person that gets added in next 10 years, unless Buffer retires within those 10 years.
GSP, Silva, Penn, Wandy, Griffin and possibly Bonnar will all eventually get added, but there is bunch of sports where HoF status means nothing because its filled with bunch of guys who should have been left out.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Pat Miletich and Don Frye.

Rich Franklin will make it for sure. Belfort, Rampage, Anderson Silva, GSP, BJ also. No doubt. But only when they stop fighting...or at least not in the next 2 years.
CC, Nog and Wanderlei...it's a tough one. They made their name outside of the UFC. Out of these fighters Wanderlei has the best chances.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts