Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
No offense man, but there are at least 3 threads containing this subject matter as well as the future of the entire women's 125 division. Slow down on posting threads and read some of them :D

·
The Title Guy
16,542 Posts
Plane and simple Nicco is not on the same level as Valentina, she would get slaughtered very badly, possibly worse then the kid that the UFC fed to her last. Nicco would have to be at her best and Valentina at her worst and Valentina is always at her best. If she were to pull a win against Valentina then it would possibly be the upset of the year.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Plane and simple Nicco is not on the same level as Valentina, she would get slaughtered very badly, possibly worse then the kid that the UFC fed to her last. Nicco would have to be at her best and Valentina at her worst and Valentina is always at her best. If she were to pull a win against Valentina then it would possibly be the upset of the year.
This...As stated a million times by myself, if the last TUF was any indication of her challengers, 125 is gonna be Valentina's belt forever possibly until some Bellator contracts run out.

·
The Title Guy
16,542 Posts
Joanna would probably give her a run for her money but they are clearly different weights and that would probably mean that Valentina wins. Also I would think that Jennifer Maia would be a challenge for Valentina and to be honest I don't see how the Bellator fighters can hold a candle to her.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I've been clambering for the UFC to get Maia out of Invicta since this whole conversation started. The UFC needs to get at least Ilima-Lei Macfarlane from Bellator and we're about to see what KGB Lee is all about in the UFC debut in May. She's fighting Macedo who's only loss is to Evens-Smith who is currently on a two fight losing streak and her next fight is against Bec in March. That's going to probably boost KGB if she wins quite a bit up the rankings considering I think Macedo has been fighting all her fights at BW.

·
The Title Guy
16,542 Posts
I'm surprised that KGB has been outside the UFC for so long. And I agree they need to get Jennifer Maia but I don't think Bellator is going to let any of their girls go anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Joanna would probably give her a run for her money but they are clearly different weights and that would probably mean that Valentina wins. Also I would think that Jennifer Maia would be a challenge for Valentina and to be honest I don't see how the Bellator fighters can hold a candle to her.
Joanna is actually very close to the same weight as Valentina, she just cuts a lot more weight to fight in a lower weight class. Joanna's in cage weight is around 130-132 so her walk around weight is likely around 135 or so. Valentina's walk around weight is 135-136. Back when Shevchenko made her UFC debut I thought Joanna could give her a close fight or even pull off the win, problem now is Valentina's had time to adapt her style to MMA so she's back to having the advantage. Valentina's timing, distance control, and clinch game is just too good, Joanna will get her volume shut down, get hit with cleaner strikes, and get controlled in the clinch.

I don't give Jennifer Maia much of a chance. Standup, she gets taken apart all day and she uses mostly clinch takedowns instead of shot takedowns. Hanging around in the clinch against Valentina doesn't work without a big size advantage, Maia's going to struggle for takedowns while getting outclassed on the feet.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I'm surprised that KGB has been outside the UFC for so long. And I agree they need to get Jennifer Maia but I don't think Bellator is going to let any of their girls go anytime soon.
I think the UFC will take them. They just built a division and now that Valentina is in it they're going to need some real "challengers." I feel most of the girls on the last TUF we're, for a lack of better words, rookies. And you have Roxy sitting at 3 or 4 and what do you think would happen in that fight if she ever got it... Shevchenko is gonna Ronda the entire current roster IMO.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
So in their Maui Thai match was Valentina just the better fighter or did she just get the best over Joanna in that particular encounter?
They had 3 fights in Muay Thai with Shevchenko winning all of them. Valentina is just the better fighter, she ran out of opponents in MT & kickboxing so she came over to MMA to beat up more chicks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Couldn't agree more... Valentina is so underrated and now she is fighting in her natural weight class - I think we will see the very best of her.

·
The Title Guy
16,542 Posts
Yeah and while Joanna is still fighting at strawweight I have a feeling that when she loses again she'll move up and fight Valentina which again will only bring the best out of her. Nicco had better be at her best or else this will look like Joanna and Carla.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts