Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice how they were talking to each other in the fight. Especially at the end Daley was like "get off of me and fight" or something along the lines of that then Koscheck just to be a dick clinched harder for the last 20 seconds.

So overall in one night he...

Dominated the fight
Faked getting kneed and gained an extra point
Made Daley so mad that he might get cut or definitly suspended
Won a Title shot
Won a spot on the next TUF

Well played. I guess it is true, nice guys finish last.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Does Koscheck actually have fans? I mean, I think he's a good fighter but he's just a straight up asshat all the time. It's impossible to like him.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone notice how they were talking to each other in the fight. Especially at the end Daley was like "get off of me and fight" or something along the lines of that then Koscheck just to be a dick clinched harder for the last 20 seconds.

Dominated the fight
Won a Title shot

Paul Gayley

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does Koscheck actually have fans? I mean, I think he's a good fighter but he's just a straight up asshat all the time. It's impossible to like him.
That's the point he is a dick who will do anything to win at any means. I respect him as a fighter but think he is a clown.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
im a huge fan of him actually. And lets not forget that that knee was heading for the head so their both in the bad imo. daley is just emberassed cuz he now looks like an idiot after all the smacktalk. Daley had no grappling skills whatsoever thus he doesnt belong in the top of the ww division.

kos won everything in that fight and daley lost all as he might ( and imo should ) get cut

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I don't think he's gonna get a shot at GSP after he basically took a dive. Plus, if Shields is coming in then that's another contender.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
Aside from the soccer style fake injury- I have no problem with Kos and his fight against Daley and honestly I hate Josh Koscheck.

But seriously he took Daley down and dominated him and if that was GSP doing the same thing those same fans would be jumping up and down going nuts.

Kos did what he had to do in the fight and GSP would have done thing against Daley. I am a huge GSP fan but to rag on Kos for doing the same(minus the acting bullshit on the knee) is just crap.

GSP's gameplan for Daley would have been the same as Hardy- takedown, takedown and more takedowns.

I hate Kos but honestly I think this rematch is one of the best for GSP because last time Kos didn't think GSP would even try and wrestle with him, now 2 of the best wrestlers will go at it to see who is better. And in the stand-up GSP is much better technically but Kos has the edge in KO power. It really makes out for a great fight to see who can control the ground game or the stand-up and to see how both men will use their strengths in the rematch.

I hate the TUF delay but this rematch has merit and one I'm looking forward to see.

Sucks for Daley that he couldn't stop what he knew was coming, much like Hardy.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
But seriously he took Daley down and dominated him and if that was GSP doing the same thing those same fans would be jumping up and down going nuts.
this.

i loved how the crowd was booing when it went down and kos was GnPding and then started cheering GSP, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts

Dominated the fight
Won a Title shot

Well he didnt get a point for that knee, and yeah he did get kicked and can never fight in UFC again....

And made him look like an idiot after pissing him off for 15 min... Yeah Kos is having a good night tonight

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
this.

i loved how the crowd was booing when it went down and kos was GnPding and then started cheering GSP, lol.
There was a point when Kos was GnP'n ?!?! :confused02:

Alls I saw was Kos ground'n him... not much poundin'... he managed to hold control for 100% of the ground game... but thats pretty much it. I LOL'd when the ref said he was going to stand them up when Kos had his BACK !?!? HA! thats how much action there was on the ground. Even in full mount, Kos would rather hold on than attempt *anything*

Gsp would at least attempt a sub or throw elbows from within full guard.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
And he got himself a new nickname too.

Josh "Soccer" Koscheck

Interesting coincidence actually. Koscheck behaving like a soccer player and Daley like a soccer hooligan - all in the same fight.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I will say this again, be glad Kos won this fight instead of Daley. If Daley had won by some miracle KO before Kos took him down, he would have been in the same position against GSP when they fought, the only difference is that a fight with GSP would have lasted five rounds. GSP and Kos will not be afraid to stand and trade with each other. GSP would have wanted to stand with Daley even less then Kos did. Trust me, Kos/GSP is a much more exciting fight then GSP/Daley would have been.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
I hate Kos but honestly I think this rematch is one of the best for GSP because last time Kos didn't think GSP would even try and wrestle with him, now 2 of the best wrestlers will go at it to see who is better. And in the stand-up GSP is much better technically but Kos has the edge in KO power. It really makes out for a great fight to see who can control the ground game or the stand-up and to see how both men will use their strengths in the rematch.

Good analysis. I expect GSP to win but how will be interesting. I see Kos coming in at peak wrestling readiness only to be forced into a stand up fight. striking or wrestling he has the skills to be dangerous but, I will bet on GSP.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Honestly if Koscheck doesn't beat GSP no one can in the next 2 years.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Have a bit of perspective, he fought conservatively for a title shot.. his previous fights have been anything but LnP fests ala our champion.

He's the only guy in the division who can possibly stop GSP from wrestling for 25 minutes.

This outside of Alves is the only GSP match I've been interested to see in a while.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts