Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://mmanews.com/news/88268

Top MMA News

As of Monday, Nick Diaz has officially owned up to his role in the melee that followed April's Strikeforce: Nashville event. According to Diaz’s head coach Cesar Gracie, Nick has submitted his "consent order" to the Tennessee Athletic Commission that will in effect launch a 90 day suspension for Diaz.

According to Gracie, Nick also paid his fine upon submitting his consent order, although fine figures (at this point) remain undisclosed.

While it's the professional thing to do on Diaz's part (we all know the man tends to grind against the grain), it will also likely render him ineligible for a proposed middleweight tournament in the works for August 21st. Diaz's absence could play a pivotal ratings role should the tournament get under way, as Diaz is clearly a significant draw for Strikeforce.

Not a big deal I dont see another event in Tennessee anytime soon!!!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Not a big deal I dont see another event in Tennessee anytime soon!!!
State athletic commissions generally respect each other's suspensions.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
NO, thats why there are sep comissions....nevada, nashville, etc.....
As I said each state's commission generally respects the suspensions laid down by another state's commission. In other words, I don't need to be reminded that there are separate commissions.

And Nashville doesn't have an athletic commission; its state does, though.

Not this....he could fight in non Strikeforce events...
Again, this would lead most, if not all, athletic commissions to suspend/revoke Diaz's license in their respective states. It has nothing to do with Strikeforce. Even when Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva wanted to fight in Japan while suspended in single states in the US, multiple commissions made it known that they would revoke their licenses permanently.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You seem confused. As I said each state's commission generally respects the suspensions laid down by another state's commission.

And Nashville doesn't have an athletic commission; its state does, though.

Again, this would lead most, if not all, athletic commissions to suspend/revoke Diaz's license in their respective states. It has nothing to do with Strikeforce. Even when Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva wanted to fight in Japan while suspended in single states in the US, multiple commissions made it known that they would revoke their licenses permanently.

This must be different from boxing then and I stand corrected, I also thought he could fight in Dream if he wanted or Jap events since they are not state side....you got a link to prove that???

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
This must be different from boxing then and I stand corrected, I also thought he could fight in Dream if he wanted or Jap events since they are not state side....you got a link to prove that???
Antonio Silva could lose license after fighting in Japan

EliteXC heavyweight champion Antonio "Big Foot" Silva (12-1) defied his one-year suspension due to a positive steroid test and fought on this past Sunday's Sengoku card at Japan's Saitama Super Arena.

By violating his California suspension, which came after he defeated the late Justin Eilers via knockout on a July card in Stockton, Calif., Silva (as well as his cornermen) will be subject to a possible license revocation.

Silva stopped former Japanese national champion wrestler Yoshihiro "Kiss" Nakao (7-2) in just 1:42 by blowing him out with mostly low kicks.

Bill Douglas, the interim head of the California State Athletic Commission, stated he was notifying all athletic commissions of both Silva and his cornermen's actions, and setting a Feb. 10 date for a hearing.

A license revocation would mean Silva and his corner men would be banned from fighting in all U.S. commission states until California granted him a new license, which would be no less than one year from the date of it being revoked. Such an action would force whatever form of EliteXC that potentially resurfaces this year to strip Silva of the title.

Silva's manager, Alex Davis, was suspended by the California State Athletic Commission for the remainder of his license, which expires on July 23, and fined $2,500 for negotiating the fight. He has the right to appeal.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
So when do Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, and Gilbert Melendez start theirs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.