Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know he was back in the ufc, i see hes on 118's card. i like nick..so if its true it should be good...any thoughts???:confused02:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Where do you see that??? Check again maybe its Nate Diaz.

Nick Diaz isnt with the UFC.
thats what i thought. i read it on another post.

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/76558-ufc-118-held-boston.html

Thoughts on the card ?

Frankie Edgar vs BJ Penn
Gray Maynard vs Kenny Florian
Randy Couture vs James Toney
Marcus Davis vs Nick Diaz
Nate Marquardt vs Rousimar Palhares
Jorge Rivera vs Alessio Sakara
Joe Lauzon vs Terry Etim
Andre Winner vs Nik Lentz
Nick Osipczak vs Greg Soto

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
thats what i thought. i read it on another post.

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/76558-ufc-118-held-boston.html

Thoughts on the card ?

Frankie Edgar vs BJ Penn
Gray Maynard vs Kenny Florian
Randy Couture vs James Toney
Marcus Davis vs Nick Diaz
Nate Marquardt vs Rousimar Palhares
Jorge Rivera vs Alessio Sakara
Joe Lauzon vs Terry Etim
Andre Winner vs Nik Lentz
Nick Osipczak vs Greg Soto

Personally?? I dont like this Card AT all.

BjPenn shudnt be fighting frankie right away.

Gray and Kenny might be the more interesting matchup but either way this kicks out one of them out of contender status and if Kenny wins i wouldnt care to see him against Bj again if BJ manages to upset Frankie.

Couture vs Toney...what. stupid...

Marcus Davis vs Nate Diaz..?? Not really interested. N i like Marcus Davis.

Nate vs Palhares is actually the fight im most interested in.

The rest is just mehhh.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts

Gray and Kenny might be the more interesting matchup but either way this kicks out one of them out of contender status and if Kenny wins i wouldnt care to see him against Bj again if BJ manages to upset Frankie.

The rest is just mehhh.
For me, it was quite the opposite reaction.

I'm excited to see BJ and Frankie battle it out again. I believe it will be another close fight but BJ is going to look a little more crisp this time around. Maybe throw a kick or two.

Couture vs Toney could go 1 of 2 ways. Say what you want but I'm very curious to see how it plays out.

Davis vs Diaz; this is awesome in my opinion. Look for a back and forth stand-up war with two very different striking techniques be displayed.

Paul vs Nate is intriguing but I really think Nate won't be able to hang with Paul on the ground and that's where the fight will be heading.

Florian vs Maynard IMO will be a stand-up battle.

We got Winner and Etim on the card as well. Two guys from across the sea that are close to breaking the top 10 in the lightweight division.

I really can't wait.

·
Banned
525 Posts

The rest is just mehhh.
BJ Penn should get an immediate rematch, so I don't agree with ya there. Gray and Kenny is only interesting because Florian is gonna maul him. Couture, Toney doesn't have any relevance towards anything except draw power, but I am, as well as many, many others are interested to either watch Toney prove himself, unlikely, or watch Couture beat the shit out of him so he finally shuts the **** up. I actually kind of agree with you on the Davis/Diaz fight, but I am somewhat interested because I think Davis is gonna destroy the way overrated Nate Diaz. Marquardt/Palhares will be good because we don't have to worry about Palhares pulling a Sonnen and dryhumping Nate to the mat with wrestling, should be very exciting. "The rest is mehhh," shows you are just the average know nothing fan that is only interested in name value. The entire card could be very exciting. Even the "mehhh" fights are all possible fight of the nights, especially Rivera/Sakara.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
BJ Penn should get an immediate rematch, so I don't agree with ya there. Gray and Kenny is only interesting because Florian is gonna maul him. Couture, Toney doesn't have any relevance towards anything except draw power, but I am, as well as many, many others are interested to either watch Toney prove himself, unlikely, or watch Couture beat the shit out of him so he finally shuts the **** up. I actually kind of agree with you on the Davis/Diaz fight, but I am somewhat interested because I think Davis is gonna destroy the way overrated Nate Diaz. Marquardt/Palhares will be good because we don't have to worry about Palhares pulling a Sonnen and dryhumping Nate to the mat with wrestling, should be very exciting. "The rest is mehhh," shows you are just the average know nothing fan that is only interested in name value. The entire card could be very exciting. Even the "mehhh" fights are all possible fight of the nights, especially Rivera/Sakara.
Is that what it shows??

Lmao... gotta love MMA fans.
I bet you also like to say.

"Omfg look at how he is dry humping him on the ground and doing nothing.!!! HOW EXCITING"

Yeah?? :sarcastic12:

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
YES, you clearly know nothing of good fights. Just the big named fights.
Ahh and you came to this conclusion because im not a fan of the card??
I seem to enjoy Nate vs Palharess and dare i say neither are big named fighters.

0_0... now you dont know where im coming from.. Do i do i not care about big named fighters... do i only watch the main event or the preliminarys.!! What in the worllllld?

·
Banned
525 Posts
Ahh and you came to this conclusion because im not a fan of the card??
I seem to enjoy Nate vs Palharess and dare i say neither are big named fighters.

0_0... now you dont know where im coming from.. Do i do i not care about big named fighters... do i only watch the main event or the preliminarys.!! What in the worllllld?
I didn't say Nate and Palhares were big names. But you saying you have no interest in this card, when every fight on the maincard could or should be very exciting, interesting, shows you aren't a fight fan. Referring the the card as 'mehhh' shows you aren't a fight fan, rather a fan of the names. If you actually knew anything about any of these fighters that aren't household names, you'd know that all of these fights are likely gonna be alot of fun to watch. A true fan likes the quality of the fight, not the quality of the names in the fight.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
I didn't say Nate and Palhares were big names. But you saying you have no interest in this card, when every fight on the maincard could or should be very exciting, interesting, shows you aren't a fight fan. Referring the the card as 'mehhh' shows you aren't a fight fan, rather a fan of the names. If you actually knew anything about any of these fighters that aren't household names, you'd know that all of these fights are likely gonna be alot of fun to watch. A true fan likes the quality of the fight, not the quality of the names in the fight.
Well what makes their names any less then Nate or Palhares?? They are not Household names yet and im most interested in their fight. I dont care about the card because well i just dont find it interesting. BjPenn is a huge name yet im not jumping through hoops to see him. Couture is a huge name yet im not jumping through hoops to see him. Im a fight fan and ENJOY good fights but the card doesnt interest me just because i dont think its going to be too exciting. Il probably still watch it and if not il see which fights were good and then watch them... whether or not those names are big or not.

Since your making opinions i think il make one too.

To me you seem like one of those obnoxious fans that if anything has something to do with MMA then it MUST BE exciting and if someone doesnt find it exciting well then they dont "understand" it. Pretty much your the most annoying kind of fan. :thumbsup:

Also

Me - I wanna watch Nate and Palharess the most and they arnt big named fighters.
You - I didn't say Nate and Palhares were big names.
Il let you figure out why i pretty much think a conversation with a monkey would be less challenging. Its alright though... im sure you just didnt have a good breakfast in morning so your having problems thinking clearly.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
Man, Penn gets Frankie right away... I am not a big fan of these immediate rematches. I am really looking forward to the Florian/Maynard fight. I think that Florian takes this fight. Maynard's striking is well below Florian's and I think that Florian will sub Maynard if the fight were to hit the ground.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Man, Penn gets Frankie right away... I am not a big fan of these immediate rematches. I am really looking forward to the Florian/Maynard fight. I think that Florian takes this fight. Maynard's striking is well below Florian's and I think that Florian will sub Maynard if the fight were to hit the ground.
Yeah thats the biggest reason im not a fan of that fight. Penn doesnt deserve a rematch against Frankie and its pretty much a slap in the face. The fight wasnt enough to warrant a Shogun/Machida type situation. This fight is just there because they are hoping BJ Penn can get his title back (marketing reasons) If they got a rematch then Griffin-page shud have had one 2.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Whoever Negd me and said "How isnt it a machida/shogun Situation"

:confused03:

Frankie pretty damn clearly won that fight. If you dont see that you probably also think Rampage won the fight with Forrest. Which one other words means ur not worth talking to.

Edit...

Lmao... BjPenn fans are really sensitive. Your boy lost fair and square, whether you like to admit it or not ( :

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.