Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

No fixes

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  GroundNPound 
#1 ·
Iv seen more than three threads claiming that the fight with Anderson and Rich was fixed. This is so ridiculus its unbareble. Im guessing thoues of you who claim the fight was fixed have never seen any of Anderson's fights besides his one with Leben. He's a phenominal striker and he's good on the ground. Mabye some of you dont know that but Rich Franklin did and thats why he was so nervous before the fight. Not becasue it was fixed just becasue he was up aginst his most skilled opponet yet. Another thing is if the fight was fixed why would Franklin take so much beating? Do you really think Franklin would let someone break his nose the the point it could possibly leave him looking ugly he rest of his life for a fixed fight? Sounds a little over the top to me. A good fighter got outclassed thats basicallt all that happened. Most people who go unbeaten/almost unbeaten havent had a true challenge yet. Franklin had some tough fights but who did he defeat in the UFC who was absolutly top-notch...nobody. One other stupid rumor is that he had diarehha/flu! WHO'S MAKING THIS STUFF UP!? prehaps he did have a flu and diarehha lets see some eveidence and than i'll be a believer. I'm not asking for much just an article. Sorry but Franklin was dominated. I know its werid to see a good fighter be put away so fast but it happens look at Jens Pulvers fight. There where no fixes and no illness FRANKLIN WAS OUTCLASSED AND THAT IS ALL.

#5 ·
i believe this was fixed my opinion personally...prolonging maybe but what about people being tired of the same oh champs the people needed a new champ in any divison the hw tried but no one cares at all.not all fights god no..just when the fans need one ...every sports that is goverened does it believe u me.maybe it was time for the ufc to stir it up....

#6 · (Edited)
Ok I know its been a few days since the fight but I was just able to watch it today.And I can tell you with out a doubt the fight was fixed.There is no other way. It had to be. Seriously how else could Rich Franklin lose? He definatly could not of lost to a better man. Oh hell no, not the UFC's fly boy. Theres no way Rich could have been locked in a Muy Tia hold and kneed most of the match.
And MMA1990...his nose is not broken, and he really doesnt look all beat up, when they went to comerical Rich was rushed through makeup. Oh wait while we are on the subject I dont think rich was fight a human I think it was one of thoes aliens found at Roswell. Yes this is how silly most of you all sound. Im sorry but what I saw was a royal ass whooping, nothing else. I know Rich is a hero to alot of people but there is always going to be somebody....better than someone....at anything....anyone tries to do. And for Rich last Saturday night it was Anderson. Some of the things I am reading is starting to sound a bit like Ken Shamrock when ever Ken gets beat. Excuses.
Now with that said... Mr Bungle, I competely agree with you one one thing, there is a definate "prolongage' going on. But at the same time the UFC doesnt seem to be bringing in fighters, cept for thoes fighters from TUF. SO fight cards seem to be hapening over and over. ie Matt vs GSP, Randy vs Chuck, Tito vs Ken...and so forth. Every now and again we will see a fresh face but after one fight hes gone. Sorry about being a bit of a smart a$$ up there but thats kinda how some people sound.Is it me or is there a click of fighters who always get the main bout and always get their face plastered all over the place.

#10 ·
22-2, Rich is one hell of a fighter. He's too proud to take a fall. I bet he'd rather quit fighting than take a dive. If that knee hadn't connected with his nose the fight would have went on. Anderson has unreal accurcy and he showed it with the damaging knee. Rich tried to continue but with a shot like that I bet he couldn't see at all. I've had my nose broken 4 times and depending on the impact you just can't see.

I knew days before that Rich was going to lose. Not because the fight was fixed but because of Anderson's skill.

Good luck to the winning middle weight of TUF4 :laugh:

#12 ·
matt1970 said:
no man is to proud of money...fight was fixed...to proud give me a break...he didn't look proud walking into the ring knowing it was fixed
The look on his face was nervous, you god damn idiot. He knew Anderson was a dangerous fighter and was probably the biggest threat to his belt that he had ever faced. To think the fight was fixed is absolutely rediculous, and takes away all credibility you may have ever had, which in your case, was none to begin with. Nobody cares what you have to say.

#14 ·
themarsmolta,your in a boat by yourself everybody but you knows it was fixed..I just hope we didn't lose any of the pure mma guys over the scam...where have you been ????everybody knows it...keep training and learning and in 10 years call me so we can spar and i can help you with your advanced education of mma fighting....Sorry you didn't know

#15 ·
Anderson Silva isn't that good?

I don't care when you say that it's a scam, because that's moronic, but to say that Anderson isn't a good fighter is just ignorant, arrogant and uninformed.

Silva knew that his hands were faster and that he was a better trained grappler. As intelligent as Franklin is, he knew that he was outclassed anywhere that this fight was going to end up.

#16 ·
matt1970 said:
themarsmolta,your in a boat by yourself everybody but you knows it was fixed..I just hope we didn't lose any of the pure mma guys over the scam...where have you been ????everybody knows it...keep training and learning and in 10 years call me so we can spar and i can help you with your advanced education of mma fighting....Sorry you didn't know
The fact that everyone who says the fight was not fixed comes up with so many reasons why its not and that you cant name one reson why it was fixed just shows that you are a bitter Rich Franklin fan. All you can say is "Anderson Silvas not that good." thats not evidece thats a non educated MMA fan.

#21 ·
Thanks Mods.:thumbsup:

OK, I watched it again on youtube, Rich just looks bad before the fight, was he really sick with the flu when he fought? I know he was working hard to cut weight could that have caused him to perform so poor?

#24 ·
I've watched the fight 4 times now, he looks nervous and tired. He has every right to be nervous and until there is some kind of press release we won't know if he was sick or not. Regardless, a big part of mma or any martial arts is respect, a 22-2 World Champ isn't going to risk losing all the respect he's earned by throwing a fight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.