Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matt Hughes has more than demonstrated that he is one of the best fighters to ever step into the octagon. Anyone who believes otherwise does not properly follow the sport. Right now, there is no one that can compete at his level in the welter-weight division. He continues to improve his skills every time out there. His stand-up game is continuing to improve at a mindblowing rate. His stregnth, ground game and training regiment are second to none. His up-coming fight against George St.piere will again show why Matt Hughes is a true champion and SECOND TO NONE!

·
Registered
177 Posts
GSP can compete with him and i think GSP is equal or better. But anyways there is no denying that Hughes is a great fighter

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
if he beats GSP and finishes the BJ trilogy with a win then yes i argee he is the best ever at welterweight

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
....Man...Matt Hughes is certainly the man, but BJ Penn beat him once. Then put up a good fight again, until Matt started to find his range landing those hard shots. I wouldn't be surprised to see George St. Pierre get a stunning KO over Hughes, or possibly a submision win. GSP's Jiu Jitsu is very good too.
...and at stand up...GSP is a superior striker. This IS Matt's biggest test.
I'm not surprised that GSP is a 3 to 1 favorite right now. But all in all...very tough fight to call...Hell, Matt may possibly slam GSP to a pulp...:dunno:

P.S. Adding Hughes/GSP to the UFC 65 fight card was a brilliant move by Dana. Arco is gonna EXPLODE....18,000 plus!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it goes to a decision, Matt Hughes will win, Duh? But I think GSP is gonna beat the hell out of him, why? Matt Hughes won't land more than a couple of punches on him, and he's gonna punch and go for the take down, just like he always does. It's gonna be hard for Hughes to take down St. Pierre. In his interview he said, " I want to beat him up, and knock him out! Get real!!! The only reason he landed some punches on BJ Penn was because his cardio sucked and he gassed out. Obviously not the case with GSP.Hughes believes that his stand up has improved. He'll realize he's wrong, in the first couple of seconds, if he decides to stand up with St. Pierre, and gets caught with a couple of combinations, or a spinning back kick!

21 more days!!! until Georges St. Pierre is the NEW Welter Weight Champion!!!

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
WOW your talking about the BJ Penn factor? I dont even know how GSP got that decision over BJ man. Matt > BJ > GSP

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Matt_Serra_Fan said:
I seriously think Matt will knock out GSP. Still Matt and GSP is going to be a war.
probably not if anything matt would get a submission

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Matt_Serra_Fan said:
I seriously think Matt will knock out GSP. Still Matt and GSP is going to be a war.
naw maybe submission but not knockout

·
Registered
583 Posts
Georges St. Pierre WILL defeat Matt Hughes at UFC 65: Bad Intentions and become the NEW UFC Welterweight Champion!

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Hughes isn't gonna get knocked out. If GSP wins, which I think he will, it will be by decision. Slight possiblity of a submission but doubtful.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
STONEMAN said:
Yea right!, like ken was gonna beat tito, right?
That comparison doesn't make sense at all. I think it will happen. GSP isn't old and out of his prime like Ken is. He was beating Hughes until that armbar in the first fight. This is way different from Ken and Tito. This fight is gonna be 2 fighters in their prime who are very well matched.

·
Registered
612 Posts
cabby said:
That comparison doesn't make sense at all. I think it will happen. GSP isn't old and out of his prime like Ken is. He was beating Hughes until that armbar in the first fight. This is way different from Ken and Tito. This fight is gonna be 2 fighters in their prime who are very well matched.

i agree, and just because that users name is ken shamrocka nd he is obviously a fan doesnt mean you have to call him out like that. he never mentioned shammy and tito, why did you?

GSP will beat hughes, i cant wait either!

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
I will correct you guys now. Gsp CAN beat Hughes as in its a possibility. Your saying he WILL beat Hughes making you look like Jackasses if he doesnt

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Steve-d said:
i agree, and just because that users name is ken shamrocka nd he is obviously a fan doesnt mean you have to call him out like that. he never mentioned shammy and tito, why did you?

GSP will beat hughes, i cant wait either!
:laugh: I was quoting Stoneman not Ken Shamrock

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.