Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dana White is sooo full of shit. Fedor loses and all of a sudden he is the worst mma fighter in the heavyweight division. I dont get it. Hell, even after the fight Fedor said he might got to the UFC, but White had to go on Sportsnation and go on a shit talk rampage and call Fedor a "Phony" and a "Fraud"? Seriously!!! 2 things he said in that whole speech made no sense.
1. "He was a fake, a phony and a farce"
In 2009, you were ready to roll out the red carpet for the man. He says no and "He hasn't fought anybody since 2005". Dana is so fake.
And this is my favorite:
2."We dont sign people who just lost"
You just signed Mark Hunt. Enough said.
All in all, people should stop bashing Fedor. The man never called himself the GOAT or the baddest man on the planet, other did. He should be disrepected like that because of what OTHERS say. The man is honest and humble. If you wanna be pissed at anyone be pissed at M-1. The own Fedor until his contract is up. He cant do shit (sign with the UFC) without their approval. So maybe all along he wanted to fight in the UFC but M-1 butted in and screwed it all up.
Hell, even Dana said it himself on how Fedor wanted to fight Brock but M-1 was being greedy. Fedor is innocent in all this mayham and disrepect him like that is stupid.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
you can;t stress over Dana and his bullshit. Dana I love the guy for what he does with the ufc but anything outside the ufc and his word don`t mean shit. This is the same guy who claim he was going to punish Anderson Silva. The same fool that claims these guys make enough money but throw in Brock Lesnar with guys making about 300k less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't blame Dana for his animosity. He literally handed Fedor a huge contract on a silver platter and he couldn't get past his ego.

Dana is the one doing HIM any favors and the guy still turned him down because he wanted his own promotion to make money alongside the UFC. Honestly that is like saying "If you want me to fight in your silly organization you have to split the profit with your competition." If I were Dana I'd do the same thing, laugh at the guy.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Good. He's too much trouble and unlike SF, the UFC isn't an organization where their stock falls & rises 50% based on a single fighter. He's not worth the trouble. He's still the greatest of all time, but M1 can keep their diva right where he's at and the UFC won't skip a beat.

Bring Overeem.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Wow. Look at all the guys that jumped off the Fedor bangwagon.

Nothing like kicking a guy when he is down. How many awesome fights have we watched Fedor in? How many times did we all watch his videos and talk him up to all of our fight fans? Everyone loses, they lose their skills, they lose their motivation, they lose their strength and so on. Not everyone is Randy Couture.

Look at any top level athlete out there, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Bo Jackson, Roy Jones Jr. and the list of the elite goes on. All these guys were untouchable and through old age or injury their skills and bodies failed them. Does that mean that we kick Michael Jordan because he isn't explosive now? Do we kick Roy Jones Jr. because his reflexes slowed down? Not me, I enjoy what they have done for their respective sports and remember all the highlights they have given us.

The biggest problems with that have caused Fedor's bandwagon to burn are

1. Co-promotion: M1 putting all their marbles on one guy and pissing off the big boys in the process (UFC)
2. A long period of time where Fedor didn't have to fight top level guys due to the co-promotion being No. 1
3. The media, the UFC and even Fedors camp giving the perspective that Fedor was unbeatable.
4. The way that Fedor finally lost.

I for one was disappointed the way he lost but am a loyal supporter. If you look back at your previous posts or think back to some of the things you've said about Fedor in the past, most of you wagon jumpers would be surprised how biased you were and how easily your mind can be swayed.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Being apathetic about the one thousandth time we've heard how Fedor will not go to the UFC has nothing to do with jumping wagon. It's called being pragmatic and its not immediately following Werdum's loss that Fedor has suddenly created dissension with the fans. The dissension was a slow & progressive deterioration of Fedor's reputation done by M1 and himself. With or without having defeated Werdum, I'd still say screw it. Fedor is half of SF's sum value. Fedor would only be "one of" the elites in the UFC HW division, yet M1 makes it sound like Fedor would be half of UFC's sum worth and its ridiculous.

Furthermore, not having fought any legitimate fighters would wreck any fighter's stock value. People aren't dicks or fair weather for using logic. Fedor might still be the best, but "might be" isn't worth as much as, "proven to be." He's proved 10 years ago he was the best, but currently, he's just, "might be." GSP, top dog, fact, Andy, a douche, but top dog, fact, Brock, like it or not, top dog, fact. Fedor, top dog, philosophical, subjective and heavily debatable. Big difference.

Therefore, past posts would be more biased, because he was proving himself. He has stopped proving himself, so posts would naturally grow less fervent about Fedor's dominance. That's also pragmatism. If your opinions aren't following the facts, then it's just zealous speculation.

Of course it's easy to say, "Fedor is the best," when he's not losing, but then as he continues to not lose and you notice, well who the eff is he fighting? The passion becomes less justified. Still loving a fighter, doesn't correlate with automatically holding him as the number fighter. I still love Mirco and he's whack. I'll always love & support Mirco, but I recognize he's not the Mirco of Pride and quite frankly, it's only speculation that Fedor is the same Fedor from Pride.

I still "think" Fedor is the best, but I don't think he would stand out in the UFC HW division any more then Brock, Cain, JDS, or Carwin. Yet M1 acts like Fedor is a "must have" product for the UFC. The UFC is plenty legit without him and it wouldn't make it any more legit if he came. He'd be another top guy. He might be SF's premier super-star, but the UFC has plenty of super-star top guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Nothing like kicking a guy when he is down. How many awesome fights have we watched Fedor in? How many times did we all watch his videos and talk him up to all of our fight fans? Everyone loses, they lose their skills, they lose their motivation, they lose their strength and so on. Not everyone is Randy Couture.

Look at any top level athlete out there, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Bo Jackson, Roy Jones Jr. and the list of the elite goes on. All these guys were untouchable and through old age or injury their skills and bodies failed them. Does that mean that we kick Michael Jordan because he isn't explosive now? Do we kick Roy Jones Jr. because his reflexes slowed down? Not me, I enjoy what they have done for their respective sports and remember all the highlights they have given us.

1. Co-promotion: M1 putting all their marbles on one guy and pissing off the big boys in the process (UFC)
2. A long period of time where Fedor didn't have to fight top level guys due to the co-promotion being No. 1
3. The media, the UFC and even Fedors camp giving the perspective that Fedor was unbeatable.

I for one was disappointed the way he lost but am a loyal supporter. If you look back at your previous posts or think back to some of the things you've said about Fedor in the past, most of you wagon jumpers would be surprised how biased you were and how easily your mind can be swayed.
I completely agree with you. This is what separates the true fans of mma from the bandwagon riders. Just like when Machida lost everyone was talking about how he got "exposed." It's hilarious, only the true fans of mma recognize defeat as part of the game,

·
Registered
356 Posts
I completely agree with you. This is what separates the true fans of mma from the bandwagon riders. Just like when Machida lost everyone was talking about how he got "exposed." It's hilarious, only the true fans of mma recognize defeat as part of the game,
I've never been on the Fedor bandwagon,I ride Randy's bus and I still don't buy it that Fedor is the greatest of all time. Compare him and who he's fought to the fights Randy has had. I can just about gaurantee that his record would have a lot more losses on it if he fought the calibar of fighters Couture has. It doesn't matter who controls who Fedor fights, plain and simple Fedor's opponents for the most part have been less then top tier for several years now. Fedor is definitely one of the best fighters we've seen but in my opinion he's not the best there's ever been. Unfortunately I think that title leans more to Anderson "The tool" Silvia or even GSP.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Fedor's management (NBA Analogy):

Hello NBA! We would like our client to make as much money as Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, and Dwyane Wade...combined. Sound good? Thank you!

If you think about a Fedor headlined PPV putting up say, 750k PPVs. Fedor's management wants half. That's $19M per fight.

Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are making $14.5M PER YEAR, playing 100 times for 2.5 hours+ each time.

The difference between Lebron James and Fedor is, Lebron is generating about 50 times the revenue Fedor is--Lebron was generating $450M/year of revenue for Cleveland. The Knicks were saying Lebron would generation $2 BILLION annually.

Fedor would be generating at most, $40M annually for the UFC. Insane.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Dana gets way too emotional and says alot of things that he shouldn't say, don't make sense, or contradict his previous statements. As it is, I agree with him refusing to co-promote with M-1. It would be a different if it was co-promotion with another organization such as DREAM (although I still wouldn't support it), but instead it's co-promotion for the purpose of only one commodity instead of several. When any kind of commodity becomes damaged it decreases in value, and Fedor's stock decreased in value when he tapped to Werdum. Why would the UFC get in bed with M-1 for the purpose of a damaged commodity? It would be a parastic relationship, just as M-1's relationship was with Affliction. M-1 stuck it's hose in the Affliction tank and looked what happened.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Nothing new here. Dana is forever bashing on Fedor.

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
Just curious, but what happened to Machida if he wasn't exposed? I mean the dude had a god-like aura surrounding him and then he lost twice to Rua; that is kind of the definition of exposed.

Not trying to nit pic or anything but it seems a lot of people are being called bandwagon jumpers for saying Machida got exposed. But there is nothing stopping you from being a Machida fan and recognizing that the aura surrounding him dissapeared and the holes in his game were exposed.

The two people above you?

Whos kicking him when he is down? Dana is a business man and Fedor/M-1 made some very silly decisions. Losing changes everything for a Fedor/UFC situation. Now the pressure is completely off Dana because he has fighters in his barn that are better and have knocked Werdum out.

Not sure where you are going with this. Fedor isn't too old and he isn't slowing down from age. He made a mistake. This is just my opinion but I believe his loss had nothing to do with age.

Besides even if it did Jordan didn't compete when he was too old. And many, many people have criticized RJJ for being too slow and too old. I have heard him be refered to as a "a shell of his former self". That's kicking a legend right there.

Fedor is part owner of M-1. So if M-1 messed up, Fedor messed up.

Again, his decision, not that I disagree with it. But it bugs me when people blame M-1 when Fedor IS M-1.

Very true.

agreed.

Long time fans won't bandwagon jump though. But you are right the fickle fans always leave. I think people are blowing it out of proportion though. There really weren't as many Fedor nuthuggers as you think, at least I don't think there were.

Every time Fedors name was mentioned in a thread and you see a fan saying he is unbeatable check the next few posts. I bet you will find at least 1 other poster calling Fedor a fraud and saying broc would beat him.

Just sayin'. :)

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
Dana said Shogun wasn't the best before he got into the UFC, Dana said Wanderlei wasn't the best before he got into the UFC, Dana said many fighters from other orgs weren't the best/were overrated, but as soon as they hit the UFC, guess what? Yup, they are now elite level fighters that pose a lot of problems for everyone in the division.

Fedor isn't in the UFC, so in Dana's mind (when talking to the media), he is overrated, but the moment he would step into the UFC, he would become an elite level fighter. Dana was willing to offer the biggest contract he has ever offered to sign Fedor, enough said.

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Dana is always going to be like that.. Fedor is still the greatest MMA fighter ever.. Everyone loses. Randy has 10 losses and is considered the greatest UFC fighter..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've never been on the Fedor bandwagon,I ride Randy's bus and I still don't buy it that Fedor is the greatest of all time. Compare him and who he's fought to the fights Randy has had. I can just about gaurantee that his record would have a lot more losses on it if he fought the calibar of fighters Couture has. It doesn't matter who controls who Fedor fights, plain and simple Fedor's opponents for the most part have been less then top tier for several years now. Fedor is definitely one of the best fighters we've seen but in my opinion he's not the best there's ever been. Unfortunately I think that title leans more to Anderson "The tool" Silvia or even GSP.
IMO Fedor def beats Coutures record. The guy went through pride undefeated, and there was a ton of competition in Pride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just curious, but what happened to Machida if he wasn't exposed? I mean the dude had a god-like aura surrounding him and then he lost twice to Rua; that is kind of the definition of exposed.

Not trying to nit pic or anything but it seems a lot of people are being called bandwagon jumpers for saying Machida got exposed. But there is nothing stopping you from being a Machida fan and recognizing that the aura surrounding him dissapeared and the holes in his game were exposed.

The two people above you?

Whos kicking him when he is down? Dana is a business man and Fedor/M-1 made some very silly decisions. Losing changes everything for a Fedor/UFC situation. Now the pressure is completely off Dana because he has fighters in his barn that are better and have knocked Werdum out.

Not sure where you are going with this. Fedor isn't too old and he isn't slowing down from age. He made a mistake. This is just my opinion but I believe his loss had nothing to do with age.

Besides even if it did Jordan didn't compete when he was too old. And many, many people have criticized RJJ for being too slow and too old. I have heard him be refered to as a "a shell of his former self". That's kicking a legend right there.

Fedor is part owner of M-1. So if M-1 messed up, Fedor messed up.

Again, his decision, not that I disagree with it. But it bugs me when people blame M-1 when Fedor IS M-1.

Very true.

agreed.

Long time fans won't bandwagon jump though. But you are right the fickle fans always leave. I think people are blowing it out of proportion though. There really weren't as many Fedor nuthuggers as you think, at least I don't think there were.

Every time Fedors name was mentioned in a thread and you see a fan saying he is unbeatable check the next few posts. I bet you will find at least 1 other poster calling Fedor a fraud and saying broc would beat him.

Just sayin'. :)
Look man people were saying he got exposed in a way where every fighter can go in there and whoop him, I bet you Machida would still destroy any fighter in the LHW division. His fighting style wasn't "exposed" he got caught like Fedor got caught. I'll say it again, True MMA fans know that defeat is a part of the game, no one is unbeatable.

·
Registered
356 Posts
IMO Fedor def beats Coutures record. The guy went through pride undefeated, and there was a ton of competition in Pride.
That ? could have been answered several years back and would have cemented either fighters legend as the best but, it couldn't be worked out because Fedor's camp (not nescesarrily Fedor himself). I actually think Fedor would have fought Randy in a neutral gym for free and most definitley Randy would have. As far as the record, Fedor's is the best, but that's what happens when you will fight anyone, anytime and pretty much anywhere like Randy has. Fedor did fight the biggest names Pride had to offer but he hasn't done that the last several years (regardless of Pride being bought out). I still believe that if Fedor had fought the calibar of fighters and as often as Randy has, his record would surely have more then 2 losses and on top of that, I forget how old Fedor is but I'm sure he's several years younger then Captain America.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts