Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's pretend this were the old UFC and there are no weight classes, who wins in A. Silva vs. Chuck?

We could say that Silva could put on a few pounds, but I'm not sure how that may or may not disrupt his speed, anyone know how tall the 2 fighters are and how their reach would compare?

I know Liddell is the "god" of the ufc and all, but I wonder how he'd fair against the speed/precision of a striker like Silva?
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
indecline said:
Let's pretend this were the old UFC and there are no weight classes, who wins in A. Silva vs. Chuck?

We could say that Silva could put on a few pounds, but I'm not sure how that may or may not disrupt his speed, anyone know how tall the 2 fighters are and how their reach would compare?

I know Liddell is the "god" of the ufc and all, but I wonder how he'd fair against the speed/precision of a striker like Silva?
I'd have to say Liddell. I don't think that Silva would be able to muscle him around like he does others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Liddell would win this one. As great as Silva is and as precise a striker he is, Chuck has a knack for counter punching at the right angle at the right time and hittin the button everytime. We all know Chuck probably hits harder or as hard as anyone. He has that 1 punch fight changer. Lets not forget Liddell is a world class kickboxer himself. It would start kind of slow because both would be cautious of the others striking ability. Id say Liddell 3rd round KO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Chrisl972 said:
I'd have to say Liddell. I don't think that Silva would be able to muscle him around like he does others.
i do he muscled franklin. franklin and chuck are about the same size and both throw looping punchs. anderson just swatted most of richs punchs away. obviously chuck is 100 times better than rich. but we also know that chuck wouldnt be looking to take it down so anything could happen. im not going to sit here and act like silva is the best guy to ever strap on gloves though. that seems to be the theme of late. bottom line was rich had weaknesses, and silva knew how to exploit them. the one thing i see open on chuck is his body for round kicks. but maybe after 1 or 2 he catchs silvas leg and ko's him. i dont know. we'll probably never find out either. i'd still rather see chuck and wand
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
Andersons more precise but Chucks a much power powerful striker. Chuck would evitally catch him. As a counter puncher Chuck matches up with Silva better than Rich did. Richs strength lies with chasing people around and being the superior striker which he is not against Silva. With Chuck it doesnt matter. ANd he wouldnt get outmuscled like franklin did.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
asskicker said:
Andersons more precise but Chucks a much power powerful striker. Chuck would evitally catch him. As a counter puncher Chuck matches up with Silva better than Rich did. Richs strength lies with chasing people around and being the superior striker which he is not against Silva. With Chuck it doesnt matter. ANd he wouldnt get outmuscled like franklin did.
Good post, I agree with everything but I don't think Franklin got outmuscled at all, it less about muscles in a position like that and more about technique and leverage and applied physics.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top