Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello MMAForumites! :bye01:

I'm one of a handful of photo-shoop artists for the Platinum Mike Perry cult following known as #PlatinumNation, plus I also promote #TeamMMA4LIFE but only via twitter. You can view my Platinum shoops at imgbox.com/g/9X99ZtQp0x and I will create a similar album for my other MMA shoops soon. I didn't come here just to promote myself either, I genuinely want to chat about MMA lol.

I'm from England, follow Cricket, MMA & Boxing, plus I'm on these fighters War Wagons for life!

Perry Nicholson Sanchez Penn JDS Bisping Ngannou Rousey Zingano

twitter.com/jehannumma
instagram.com/jahannumma

·
The 55%
16,526 Posts
I used to do the #TeamMMA4Life stuff when I was writing. Been thinking of getting back into it so you might see me sharing that around again haha.

So the Plat Nash finally hitting MMAF eh?

Also, I'm triggered by "Mike Newell applauds fans". I believe you meant Nick. I once made a limb joke on twitter and Nick responded to it telling me he lost his arm fisting my mother.

·
Super Moderator
8,108 Posts
I once made a limb joke on twitter and Nick responded to it telling me he lost his arm fisting my mother.
Really? Me too! Ronda Rousey's got nothing on y'ma Clyde, the real arm collector :laugh:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to do the #TeamMMA4Life stuff when I was writing. Been thinking of getting back into it so you might see me sharing that around again haha.

So the Plat Nash finally hitting MMAF eh?

Also, I'm triggered by "Mike Newell applauds fans". I believe you meant Nick. I once made a limb joke on twitter and Nick responded to it telling me he lost his arm fisting my mother.
ooops well spotted, yeah I meant Nick Newell :(
EDIT : Mike Newell played for the Football club I support

Plat Naysh has arrived boiiiiii!!

lol I'll try to keep the Plat stuff to a minimum, or in my own threads at least.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
ooops well spotted, yeah I meant Nick Newell :(
EDIT : Mike Newell played for the Football club I support

Plat Naysh has arrived boiiiiii!!

lol I'll try to keep the Plat stuff to a minimum, or in my own threads at least.
Luton Town? you and @AlanS might have something to talk about then :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: LizaG

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My team win the premier league all the time.

What?

What do you think the PL in SPL stand for?
Is SPL that league with 2-3 teams that play each other half a dozen times each season?

·
Super Moderator
8,108 Posts
Is SPL that league with 2-3 teams that play each other half a dozen times each season?
The same premier league where the two top clubs want to play in the EPL.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The same premier league where the two top clubs want to play in the EPL.
I still don't understand why Rangers didn't do that when they got dumped down to the bottom league. I'm presuming it was considered and then thrown out. My understanding is that those 2 teams would only consider the move if they went straight into the EPL and didn't have to waste 3-4 seasons getting there. If they were put directly into the EPL, the Championship promotion play offs would have to be scrapped for 1 season.

·
Super Moderator
8,108 Posts
I still don't understand why Rangers didn't do that when they got dumped down to the bottom league. I'm presuming it was considered and then thrown out. My understanding is that those 2 teams would only consider the move if they went straight into the EPL and didn't have to waste 3-4 seasons getting there. If they were put directly into the EPL, the Championship promotion play offs would have to be scrapped for 1 season.
I've no idea, but I assume there must be a lot of hoops (pardon the pun) to jump through in order for a league switch to happen - besides they were relegated for financial irregularities, the FA impose the same punishment on English teams.

I would like to see Rangers and Celtic in the EPL, I think you'd have to start them in the Championship though.

·
Panic-wrestler
4,093 Posts
I've no idea, but I assume there must be a lot of hoops (pardon the pun) to jump through in order for a league switch to happen - besides they were relegated for financial irregularities, the FA impose the same punishment on English teams.

I would like to see Rangers and Celtic in the EPL, I think you'd have to start them in the Championship though.
Balls. Firstly they’d need all 92 league teams to OK them, secondly League Two.

·
Super Moderator
8,108 Posts
Balls. Firstly they’d need all 92 league teams to OK them, secondly League Two.
If it were to happen, no way they start in D2. It'll probably be the Championship - and they'll make more money playing in the Championship than they would in the SPL.

It would be a disaster for Scottish football though. It would be like taking Man u, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs out of the Premiership.

·
Panic-wrestler
4,093 Posts
If it were to happen, no way they start in D2. It'll probably be the Championship - and they'll make more money playing in the Championship than they would in the SPL.

It would be a disaster for Scottish football though. It would be like taking Man u, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Spurs out of the Premiership.
There is literally zero chance that L1 and L2 teams would vote them in only to play above them, likely taking a promotion spot in doing so.

Edit::
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/28/english-football-league-to-consider-celtic-and-rangers-for-inclu/

Old Firm to join new fifth division

·
Super Moderator
8,108 Posts
There is literally zero chance that L1 and L2 teams would vote them in only to play above them, likely taking a promotion spot in doing so.

Edit::
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/28/english-football-league-to-consider-celtic-and-rangers-for-inclu/

Old Firm to join new fifth division
Even if they start in D2 it means 2 additional teams get relegated, so why would D2 clubs vote for that. Rangers and Celtic bring money to the table - besides even in the Championship there is no guarantee they go up.

Honestly I'm not sure how it work at all, its been talked about forever but we are no further forward. What do the fans want anyway? Are they happy with the SPL? If Rangers and Celtic were ever to be a competitive European force they need the EPL, but the SPL needs Celtic and Rangers, EPL doesn't need them but would welcome them.

One possible solution would be to scrap the League Cup for premier league clubs, they don't like it anyway and increase the division size to 22.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts