Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a little older Interview with Chael where he says, that nobody is going to beat Okami at 185! And that Okami was his toughest fight to date.

What do you guys think about that??:confused02:

I know Chael is a troll^^ but could there be some truth behind it??

here's the link..

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Fight-Week-Chael-Sonnen-2549

my thoughts.. I think Okami is going to win the Munoz fight this weekend and I also believe we will see him in a title fight next year.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
To be honest, I don't see anyone beating Okami except for Anderson and maybe Chael again. I still wonder why Silva/Okami II never happened. Wasn't it scheduled for UFC 90(-ish)?

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
Injuries made the fight not happen, then Chael owned Okami and sent him down the ladder.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sonnen mauled Okami. Then again, I haven't really seen him not maul someone...

I think Okami just gained Sonnen respect when Okami asked to train with him after their fight. As Sonnen says frequently, "I don't have many friends in this business."

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Sonnen mauled Okami. Then again, I haven't really seen him not maul someone...

I think Okami just gained Sonnen respect when Okami asked to train with him after their fight. As Sonnen says frequently, "I don't have many friends in this business."
You haven't been watching Sonnen long enough if you haven't seen him "mauled" yet. Go watch his fight with Babalu. =)

(I'm just poking fun though. He is a tough, tough fighter.)

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
okami has just never been able to put it together but he seems to now, with him working harder on his wrestling and starting to let his hands go.

i expect okami to dominate munoz. he hasn't quite transitioned his wrestling to MMA yet and okami is very difficult to control. chael couldn't even hold him down for long.

i really hope that yushin puts on a performance like his last fight and stops munoz so he can get back up that ladder

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Most of the top 10 would have a good chance of beating Okami and a couple would destroy him. He is a good fighter but he has lost every time he has taken a step up in competition in the UFC and isn't great at anything.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Chael should keep his insane rantings focused on Anderson, because when his rants spill outside of the realm of Anderson. It stops being entertaining & amusing and begins to sound ridiculously annoying.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yeah not to disrespect Okami in any way, but this is probably more than anything else Sonnen hyping up Okami in return for Okami pumping up Sonnens ego by asking to train with him after their fight.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
I think Sonnen fully believes this. He said after training with Okami that he never wants to fight him again and that in the Gym Okami kicks Chaels ass.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
I think Sonnen fully believes this. He said after training with Okami that he never wants to fight him again and that in the Gym Okami kicks Chaels ass.
That means Okami has a mental problem. He can transition his state of mind and confidence from training to the real fights.
That's a big minus in my books.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
As mentioned, I recall a past interview with Chael somewhere where he marveled at Okami and said he literally has not been able to win a single round against him in training. I think he's serious in this regard.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts