Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Any Weight, Anytime...
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto Off May 15 Strikeforce Event

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/04/29/norifumi-kid-yamamoto-out-of-may-15-strikeforce-event/

4/29/2010 2:58 PM ET By Ray Hui

Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto will not be fighting on the May 15 Strikeforce card in St. Louis, says Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker.

Yamamoto was scheduled to make his Strikeforce debut on the undercard of the Strikeforce-Showtime event, but apparently the popular Japanese fighter will be needed in his homeland following the cancellation of the DREAM light heavyweight tournament for DREAM.14 on May 29.

"I received a request from DREAM and that time we obliged, but I think they have some changes in their format for May 29 and I think he's fighting on May 29," Coker said Thursday on a media call.

Coker also said that further discussions with DREAM will take place in the next few days to determine their current talent exchanges. Although the tournament is off, fighters like Gegard Mousasi and Renato "Babalu" Sobral might still remain on the DREAM.14 card in non-tournament bouts. If Sobral doesn't fight on the DREAM card, Coker said he will put Sobral in a Strikeforce fight in June.

The Yamamoto fight was one of two intriguing bouts (the other Lyle "Fancypants" Beerbohm vs. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro) that were surprisingly slotted for the prelims. MMAFighting.com has learned that there are no plans as of now for any of the preliminary bouts to be streamed on the internet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts