Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are new coaches. who wins and why?
is gsp's gnp and wrestling alot better?
or will gsp outstrike kos???

cant't wait.........:thumb02:

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Either Kos via DQ (Oscar winning performance) or GSP by superior riddum. Gonna go with the latter, GSP all the way.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Both have improved since they have last fought, but who has imporved the most? I think GSP. His wrestling got better if thats hard to believe and in a striking match, I think GSP can beat Kos in that as well.

GSP is just a lot faster then Kos and he will be able to move in and out for striking and shoot in for some GnP once he has set it up with striking.

·
Banned
439 Posts
While I think GSP is going to win this battle, it'll be more of a fight than any of his previous ones. Kos's wrestling will be able to take GSP down though I don't think his wrestling defense will be able to stop GSP. So whoever gets to explode first will get the take down, and believe me, there will be plenty of attempts from both sides.

On the striking department, I give GSP the advantage as he is a more acurate and technical striker. Those who hate wrestling, don't get your hopes up too high as I don't think GSP will be using his TDD and superior striking to keep it up on the feet. I think GSP and his camp is smart enough that if he tries to keep it on the feet too long that Kos will eventually get a TD. They'll want to be able to get Kos's back on the mat before Kos gets a chance to take him down.

This is gonna be a fun chess match of superior MMA wrestlers (ground game haters bring your pillows and pacifiers to suck on).

My prediction, GSP by GNP TKO on late in the 4th.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think gsp but i also thought daley would crack kos hard...

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
GSP wins because though Kos is evolving I think he is doing so at the same rate as GSP. I think that Kos today is just as good as GSP was when he fought Kos last. Unfortunatly for Koschek the GSP of today is that much better.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
GSP has the advantage in every aspect of the game!
For me, it's that simple.
If Kos doesn't pull a "Matt Serra", GSP will pull a "Jon Fitch" in this one. :)

PS: at the post fight MMALive on ESPN 2, Kos thanking GSP :thumbsup:. He said he watched GSP-Hardy at least 25 times and he learned a lot from GSP's wrestling.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GSP has the advantage in every aspect of the game!
For me, it's that simple.
If Kos doesn't pull a "Matt Serra", GSP will pull a "Jon Fitch" in this one. :)

PS: at the post fight MMALive on ESPN 2, Kos thanking GSP :thumbsup:. He said he watched GSP-Hardy at least 25 times and he learned a lot from GSP's wrestling.
i think so 2.....

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I think this will be a stand up war. Both of these dudes are extremely good wrestlers, but I dont think that is really gonna come into play very much. Neither of them will be able to hold the other one down, but once again, I dont think these dudes are gonna go for that many takedowns. Neither of them is going to be afraid to stand and trade with the other one, they are both coming off of fairly stale fights and are gonna look for a big, impressive win. I see these being a stand up war with GSP coming out on top via TKO. He is a much more well rounded striker who never seems to eat too many punches.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It will be amusing when the coaches pick their fighters.
Everyone of them will be praying not to be picked by the tiny faced reptilian, Koscheck. :laugh:

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think one of the big differences i really noticed last night was the difference in speed. GSP will have that advantage big time. I think this is going to be a tougher fight for GSP than most people think, but GSP definitely has a lot of physical advantages over Kos.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
GSP via the magical power of poutine. Even though he probably eats it maybe once or twice a year now.

Oh, and by being a better fighter all around. However I think Koscheck will make him work pretty hard on the wrestling front.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i think gsp but i also thought daley would crack kos hard...
he did. it was just 10 seconds after the fight was over.

i'm going to take gsp. probably a decision. i see his wrestling at least a bit better (even with kos's great wrestling base) and his striking should be significantly stronger.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I think GSP is going to stand up with him and try to force Kos to work for the takedown, then out wrestle him and make Kos tired. GSP's superior striking will keep Kos from landing anything with real power in it. Hopefully GSP finishes this guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts