Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think is next for him to fight? Theoretically, his next fight should be against either Machida or Rampage for the #1 title contender. In the past, however, Machida said that he wouldn't fight A. Silva because they are training partners or something, has he said the same about Lil Nog? I think that Lil Nog would definitely be the best fight for both fighters, if that's even possible with their likely reluctance to fight each other. Personally I want to see Lil Nog vs. Machida and Jackson vs. Griffin in a rematch that I think both fighters would be down for.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Honestly what I think will happen is the reverse of those. We will get Rampage v. Lyoto, and finally the match-up of Griffin v. Nog.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I would have hard time to give Li'l Nog a title contender fight after this fight. Sure he won, but was it really a performance you'd expect from a guy that is supposed to fight for the belt? He was losing the striking and for an hyped up (many including myself think overhyped) blackbelt he didn't really put too great show on the ground either even though he was able to keep sweeping Brilz before he could secure a mount.
I don't really know who he should fight next... Perhaps Tito or winner of Franklin vs. Chuck? Machida would technically be fair too, but I don't really see him beating Machida after seeing him lose against Brilz.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I would have hard time to give Li'l Nog a title contender fight after this fight. Sure he won, but was it really a performance you'd expect from a guy that is supposed to fight for the belt? He was losing the striking and for an hyped up (many including myself think overhyped) blackbelt he didn't really put too great show on the ground either even though he was able to keep sweeping Brilz before he could secure a mount.
I don't really know who he should fight next... Perhaps Tito or winner of Franklin vs. Chuck? Machida would technically be fair too, but I don't really see him beating Machida after seeing him lose against Brilz.
Agreed. This is a fight that is virtually a loss for Lil Nog. He was facing a low-level fighter who isn't even a striker, and he was barely able to outstrike him, and looked pretty average on the ground. You could chalk it up to a bad night, but if he fights anything like that against any high level fighter, he would get destroyed fast. Both him and his brother just look too slow now, I don't know if it's age or what, but you can't be that slow and compete with the best.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Brilz vs Machida I wanna see that :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts