Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed Oleg was sitting here postless so I thought I'd say a word or two...
Oleg Taktarov was my favorite fighter out of the original UFC tourneys. He kicked some serious ass, and he deserves some credit.

·
Banned
6,808 Posts
Oleg Taktarov was the shit. He beat a guy in 8 seconds by upside down half guard guillotine choke.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell yeah. The guy was cold as ice. One of my favorites was his fight against Tank Abbott. He took out Matua in 20-some seconds, Varelans in about 2 minutes, and finally beat Tank Abbott after an exhausting 17 minutes. I could never stand Tank, and I will always remember that fight.
I thought Oleg dropped off the face of the earth, but I found out he's been making movies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oleg will always be one of my favorite fighters. His heart was legendary, and well the fight with Tank... Watch ultimate Abbott and see how highly even Tank talks about Oleg.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I just watched this movie Bobby Z, and I started recognizing UFC fighters. The obvious guys were Liddell and Tim Sylvia, but later a guy was referred to simply as "Oleg." I paused the movie and jumped off the couch because it was freakin Oleg Taktarov! My girlfriend had no idea what I was talking about, but man I was excited to see him. I knew he was doing movies, but this was totally unexpected. Good fight scenes in that movie BTW, except Paul Walker is gay.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Oleg kicked some ass in "44 Minutes: The North Hollywood Shootout" until he got shot 29 times in the legs by SWAT. He also was in the Russian mob in "Bad Boys II" until he got cut into pieces in a drug lord's kitchen.

Still "44 Minutes" was an awesome reproduction of the actual shootout. To bad they threw in a bit of Hollywood BS though.

·
Banned
9,733 Posts
*SPOILER*

Oleg plays a badass Russian mobster in "We Own the Night"

seriously good movie. I was so surprised to see Oleg, I was like "Dude, Dude, thats Oleg, you know, from UFC 7!!!!"

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I just watched 15 Minutes, in which Oleg plays a russian criminal. He is freakin hilarious! He comes to America to become a filmmaker, and totes around a stolen videocamera, filming the murders of a few people. The very end scene is freakin priceless. Oleg made me laugh even though it was supposed to be the climax of the movie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts