Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes home the belt?

1 - 20 of 1522 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Anderson 'The Spider' Silva defending against Chael Sonnen at UFC 117 in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Chael is a really strong dude and will probably get a couple TD's...but AS has a lot of ways to end this fight and he will.

I counted Sonnen out vs Nate, and Okami so I probably shouldn't be so confident against him...~"On paper he's a better fighter and I shouldn't win, but we aren't fighting on a piece of paper".

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Chael MMA Wrestling is tied up with GSP in my opinion .
the guy shoot so hard and fast i think he could take any fighter at 185 down at will , his doubles is beautiful and he mixes takedowns alot . I hope he Worked really hard on his subs defense , cause his striking isn't a factor here at all. Chael by Stoppage Round 4 after hammering Silva for 4 rounds .

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Chael Sonnen is the most interesting man in the world.

Haha just found this looking around YouTube... made me laugh cuz i like those beer commercials.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
lol he is awesome

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I'd like to see Sonnen come out in full wrestling tights with head gear, with his crew holding up college wrestling championship plaques.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pre-fight press conf will be interesting between these two.
Is it Wed or Thu btw?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Anderson Silva on Sonnen, 205-Pound Aspirations & Retirement

Chael Sonnen has been the hording the headlines in the weeks leading up to UFC 117, but that doesn’t mean Anderson Silva has nothing to say.

In this Sherdog.com video exclusive with Marcelo Alonso, the UFC middleweight champion comments on his Aug. 7th opponent’s war of words, and expounds on his recent decision to remain in the 185-pound division. Silva also addresses his past talk of retirement.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recen...nen-205-Pound-Aspirations-amp-Retirement-2553

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Thanks for this :)

What a great guy he is!!! He doesn't care about the belt ;D thats just epic. I thought those type of people don't even exist anymore.

And everybody who still believes Anderson won't have the gass tank for 5 rounds is..

we will probably see the most focused and well trained Anderson ever.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
He seems to enjoy talking to someone who actually speaks his language rather than someone who doesn't, go figure.

I could imagine going back and forth through an interpreter all the time could get a little tedious.

Thx for the vid!

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
As much as I think Chael is bi-polar, he'll probably make this into a gritty fight where it goes five full rounds. Would love to see a KO or submission, but we all know Chael is gonna grind it out. I hope "The Spider" ensnares him and knees him in the head or something. I'll be pounding shots and running laps in the bar when that happens.

BTW: Nice video.

Love the quote...

"The truth is people want me to stop, but I'll stop a lot of people before anyone stops me."

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Thanks for this :)

What a great guy he is!!! He doesn't care about the belt ;D thats just epic. I thought those type of people don't even exist anymore.

And everybody who still believes Anderson won't have the gass tank for 5 rounds is..

we will probably see the most focused and well trained Anderson ever.
he really is a nice guy. i love him!!!! lololol

p.s. - not being sarcastic here, i really love him. :)

He seems to enjoy talking to someone who actually speaks his language rather than someone who doesn't, go figure.

I could imagine going back and forth through an interpreter all the time could get a little tedious.

Thx for the vid!
And if know that your interpreter usually puts on words that were never said or puts the words he actually said out of context, then you really lack the will to do it at all.

Gezzz, Ed Soares sucks at interpreting.
Sometimes he translates the thing that fighters tell in a abnocious way,
i wonder why, maybe he feels that he knows better than the fighters...

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Chael Sonnen has been the hording the headlines in the weeks leading up to UFC 117, but that doesn’t mean Anderson Silva has nothing to say.

In this Sherdog.com video exclusive with Marcelo Alonso, the UFC middleweight champion comments on his Aug. 7th opponent’s war of words, and expounds on his recent decision to remain in the 185-pound division. Silva also addresses his past talk of retirement.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recen...nen-205-Pound-Aspirations-amp-Retirement-2553
OK

Andy just revealed here that he walks around at 103-104 kilos, that´s 228.8 pounds...
104 kg = 228.8 lbs
Ouch, huge cut!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Chael Sonnen giving bad rep for UFC????

How can someone represent the UFC like this trollin anderson like he is. he dislikes anyone that wears hats sideways or anything relating to urban culture.. he stated that people dont bow in brazil (watch 117 countdown) brazil may be one of the toughest places to live in this world but that doesnt mean they arnt civilized enough to show gratitude towards a fellow combatant.. Mia fight aside Anderson has brought the UFC to where its at (hence why dana allowed such tomfoolery 3x)
Chael sonnen cant finish fights and has done nothing but make a mockery of MMA and bringing it that much closer to the BS that was all to well known in the boxing world. Do any of you loyal fans really want this in your sport? someone who talks shit all day long , at some point enough is enough and someone should step up and tell him to shut it. The same amount of people were going to order 117 without all this nonsense , i have a new respect for Lesnar as even he knew when to shut it off and this is a guy that was told to do it all day long in the WWE!

·
Registered
314 Posts
The more I see of Sonnen the less I like him. There is such a difference between the way he (and others like him) behave, and Franklin, Couture, etc...

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
I dont think Chael could do anything for me to dislike him. Sure the Cancer comment is a bit overboard... but hay at least he is honest. People talk bad about America ALL DAY LONG so Chael make a Brazil comment doesn't bother me in the least.

WAR SONNEN!!

1 - 20 of 1522 Posts