Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes the belt?

1 - 20 of 1160 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Brock Lesnar facing Shane Carwin at UFC 116 for the UFC Heavyweight Championship in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
It all comes down to the TDD of Shane Carwin. He is a strong guy, but can he stuff the freight train that is Brock Lesnar from taking him to the floor? I don't think so. I think Carwins wrestling will be exposed badly, I can't see him mathcing the much faster and more agile Lesnar. Brocks GnP can put anybody to sleep, and even though Carwin is tough as nails, I see him taking a nap. 1st or 2nd round.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
i hear alot of talk about his striking but i dont think brock will have to worry about it to much if he keeps moving like he always does, hes gonna take it to the ground and try to end it tko like he did to frank. i think he takes it 3rd round tko.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
If Brock sticks to a gameplan it's his fight to lose. He is superior in wrestling, speed, agility, athleticism, reach and strength. The only advantage I think Carwin has is punching power. If Brock uses his speed and reach to stay out of Carwins striking range, and then mixes up his levels with the takedowns he should take the fight, probably by TKO in the 2nd or 3rd. However, if Carwin does land a big power punch on Brock's chin it will be lights out. Really could go either way.

Reactions: deadmanshand

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
If Brock sticks to a gameplan it's his fight to lose. He is superior in wrestling, speed, agility, athleticism, reach and strength. The only advantage I think Carwin has is punching power. If Brock uses his speed and reach to stay out of Carwins striking range, and then mixes up his levels with the takedowns he should take the fight, probably by TKO in the 2nd or 3rd. However, if Carwin does land a big power punch on Brock's chin it will be lights out. Really could go either way.
Sums up my thoughts pretty well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i cant wait for Lesnar to get kocked out into lala land aka Bisbing when he got Hendoed. Then I will come back here to see all the Lesnar groupies in a state of confusion! The only chance he has is to take him down and sit on him like he did to Mir but a have a hunch the fight wont go that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I really hope that Carwin Lands a clean shot on Brock and Brock just shrugs it off like it never happened.

Would just add to Brocks Aura that he is an unstopable beast/ freak with a chin like a block of concrete

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is Brocks fight to loose, i have talked about it so much already there isnt much more to say. I just want to see it!

Brock Lesnar will win this fight. By stoppage. 2nd round.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I really hope that Carwin Lands a clean shot on Brock and Brock just shrugs it off like it never happened.

Would just add to Brocks Aura that he is an unstopable beast/ freak with a chin like a block of concrete
if i remember correctly did'nt randy land a few shots that set his head back a little???

i say carwin by cinderblock to chin.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
This fight could go either way as has already been said but I hope Carwin levels Lesnar.

If Brock can just power through Carwin then there is no point watching any more HW championship fights in the UFC because Lesnar will win them all.

Here is to hoping Carwin keeps the HW division competitive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brocks GnP can put anybody to sleep, and even though Carwin is tough as nails, I see him taking a nap.QUOTE]

Put anyone to sleep?? Mir stayed awake the whole time..Carwin is much bigger than Mir (I know Mir bulked up, but he's not a bigger man, there is a difference)

I agree with capsal, I can't wait to see all the Lesnar nut huggers runnin around with no purpose wondering what will happen next hahaha

I can't wait to see him get KTFO...and when it happens, I'M gonna crack a beer, and probably crawl on top of my wife haha

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Brocks GnP can put anybody to sleep, and even though Carwin is tough as nails, I see him taking a nap.QUOTE]

Put anyone to sleep?? Mir stayed awake the whole time..Carwin is much bigger than Mir (I know Mir bulked up, but he's not a bigger man, there is a difference)

I agree with capsal, I can't wait to see all the Lesnar nut huggers runnin around with no purpose wondering what will happen next hahaha

I can't wait to see him get KTFO...and when it happens, I'M gonna crack a beer, and probably crawl on top of my wife haha
I'm not sure why you think this... everyone who has commented on the fight saying they believe Lesnar will win has also stated that Carwin has the knock out power. I really don't think anyone is going to be surprised if either fighter wins.

Infact the only thing surprising that could come from this fight is if it ended in a submission...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Carwin all the way. Go back and watch Couture/Lesnar on UFC.com for free right now, or check out one of the UFC Unleashed episodes and catch the Mir/Lesnar 2 rematch. Lesnar comes off as extremely uncomfortable on the feet. Both Mir and Couture were able to tag him a few times, and this often causes Brock to go for takedowns. Problem is, against Couture Brock wasn't able to get the TD's easily, and Couture was impressively able to get back to his feet on several occassions.

Is Carwin the wrestler that Couture is? Nope. Does Carwin have an additional 45-55 pounds of whoop ass than Couture did in his fight? Yup. Lesnar is going to get tagged on the feet, rocked like crazy, tie up with Carwin, be unable to control him like he does so many others, and fall to Carwin throwing dirty boxing uppercuts that pound Lesnar into unconsciousness.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I also think there are 2x more anti Lesnar nut huggers than nut huggers. Most of you guys hate the guy just because you're bored and apparently have nothing better to do. It doesn't matter what this guys does, you've already completely wrote him off.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Carwin all the way. Go back and watch Couture/Lesnar on UFC.com for free right now, or check out one of the UFC Unleashed episodes and catch the Mir/Lesnar 2 rematch. Lesnar comes off as extremely uncomfortable on the feet. Both Mir and Couture were able to tag him a few times, and this often causes Brock to go for takedowns. Problem is, against Couture Brock wasn't able to get the TD's easily, and Couture was impressively able to get back to his feet on several occassions.

Is Carwin the wrestler that Couture is? Nope. Does Carwin have an additional 45-55 pounds of whoop ass than Couture did in his fight? Yup. Lesnar is going to get tagged on the feet, rocked like crazy, tie up with Carwin, be unable to control him like he does so many others, and fall to Carwin throwing dirty boxing uppercuts that pound Lesnar into unconsciousness.
THIS^^^^^^^^

1 - 20 of 1160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.