Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes it?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Diego "The Nightmare" Sanchez facing John "The Hitman" Hathaway in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I am really pulling for Diego in this fight. I hope he bounces back and does great things. It will be interesting to see how he does after BJ beat him so badly.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Hathaway is probably the best british wrestler we have, he is good.

Rooting for Diego, because, hes diego, always have been, always will be a fan. Hope he comes back strong after the BJ loss and brings the nightmare.

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
Diego is a badass dude and alot of fun to watch, but his last fight exposed a ton of holes in his game. He got raped by the big dog at lightweight, and I can't see him doing any better against the likes of GSP. I love to have Diego around, but he will have to do alot of work to get in the title picture at WW. I'm not even sure he can make it past Hathaway.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Going with Diego. The man is relentless.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
Pulling for Hathaway in this one, he's a great prospect and wouldn't be surprised to see him pull this one off.

i wanna see hardy vs diego, the trash talking from hardy would be hilarious as he would have so much shit to work with
lmfao so true ...

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Hardy vs Sanchez would be epic.

As for this fight, I don't see how Hathaway wins personally. He's a good wrestler for a Brit, but he's not on the same level as Diego as far as grappling goes. I don't see him beating Diego on the feet either, so this should be a pretty comprehensive return to the WW division for Sanchez.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hathaway is HUGE WW with very solid Wrestling and i see him exposing Diego mediocre MMA wrestling and GNP him to decision .

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I've seen a lot of savvy bettors on Hathaway in this one. His line moved signifantly down from the open. I'm gonna have to give him a good look... could be a nice dog play.

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
I want Diego to win but for some odd reason I think John Hathaway will put it out.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Diego isn't a big power striker and I can't see this fight vertical long enough for him to take John apart. John is a huge guy and my first impression of him is how strong he was. He's strong as a bull against a guy who was last at 155. Bad combination. I like Hathaway by decision.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Been an English MMA fan I have to route for my home boy John Hathaway (its the law here) but I really can't wait to see Sanchez at WW, I have always thought he was one of the most enjoyable fighter to watch.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
YES! :thumb02:

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Diego was my first favorite fighter! I love his aggressive style more then any other, Machida's Style inspires me, and Diego gets me Pumped! I know very few fighters that would have the balls/confidence Diego did after getting completely owned for 4 rounds to go in there as he did....

Yeah that fight showed he had no chance to beat BJ, but it also proved that he will NEEEVER quit and will ALWAYS come to bring 100% win or lose! WAR DIEGO!

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Think this one has got FOTN written all over it, Diego never gives up and Hathaway is a promising up and comer, add to that they both will want to prove a point (Hathaway that he is ready for the step up in comp, and Diego that he can be a force at WW) and you got yourself a quality fight.

Plus even if the fight is a let down, Diego's staredown won't disappoint!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'll be cheering for Hathaway but really I think this fight comes a year too soon for him. This is a big step up in competition and against a seasoned name like Diego Sanchez I can't really see him pulling off the win. Still, it's good experience for him and it says a lot that Joe Silva would put Hathaway up against someone like Sanchez this early in his career.

Sanchez by decision.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts