Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Whose hand gets raised?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to George 'the Wizard of Oz' Sotiropoulos fighting Kurt 'Batman' Pellegrino at UFC 116 in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
'Sotiropoulos' (;)) has the best Jitz in the division bar possibly BJ, and has some very good technical boxing to go with it. Pellegrino's been on a good run of wins of late, and did a fantastic job beating Camoes but I see Sotiropoulos being too strong for him. I'd say the winner of this one could be 1 fight short of a title shot. After Lesnar-Carwin this is the fight I'm looking forward to most.

Reactions: dudeabides

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Sotiropoulos by whatever he wants. Will be a fun fight to watch.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
George is winning on the poll 40-2. I think that him winning a decisive decision over Stevenson really raised his stock in the UFC. Kurt won't make this easy though, he has stated that he would consider retiring if he lost because he doesn't know how many times he can start at the bottom again, he even stated that he would never tap again after losing to Diaz. I assume that he is coming in very motivated for this fight.

That being said, I still think George will take a decision.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think Kurt has more of a chance than the poll above suggests. However saying that I think we'll see another improved version of George in this fight and he'll get the win. Hoping to see some high level grappling in this one and not a sloppy kickboxing match.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Logically looking at this fight George should win but I can't shake the feeling Batman is gonna pull it out, he has rolled with some high level grappler's and I am not sure George is gonna have that easy of a time on the ground. Pellegrino has also said he may retire if he loses and I really think he has a reason to be so confident.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts