Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Jon Fitch fighting Thiago Alves again at UFC 117 in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I think Fitch wins this via UD. I believe that Fitch is either #2 or #3 in the WW division, his teammate Kos being in the other spot, and GSP being #1. Alves is legit and showed some nice TDD against GSP, but it took him a while before it became effective.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Voted Fitch, mainly due to Alves being out for a while...not a huge fan of either which makes it more fun to watch since this should be a nail-biter.

·
Shogun
2,105 Posts
before i voted Alves, this time Fitch. I just think Alves is the better fighter but Fitch is waaay to hard to come back to after a surgery. Will be cheering for Alves tho.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
As far as welter weights go these two are both in my top five favorites. I like Jon Fitch as a person, and respect his skills, stylistically I prefer Alves hands down. In the end I'm siding with who I think has the better chance of beating GSP in a rematch. So I'm going with Alves, for the vote. When it comes to cheering at the bar, I'll just be quiet on this one.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
gut says fitch but i like alves more, if i had to bet id go with fitch, the more active of the two and the one not coming off a layoff.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
It's a bit of a layoff for the Pitbull, but I don't think he'll be denied. He'll get his revenge then set up a rubber match down the line.

We need more bangers in the WW division. Damn I wanted to watch him vs Daley. Oh wellz...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Alves has had a long layoff but I also think Alves has improved alot more since the first fight if he has good TD which he has shown sometimes he takes which I hope he does I dont think I have ever enjoyed a Fitch fight his gnp is boring and unaffective

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Gonna go with Alves this time. I think he has shown more improvement and he can actually put guys away. He made Kos look like a scrub and Kos is not exactly an easy fight for anybody.

Alves by TKO or UD

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm not a fan of fiTch in any way, shape or form. So naturally I'll be going for Alves, and I'd like a finish. Sure the pitbull is coming off a long layoff, but he tasted the power of GSP, and if he's trained accordingly, fitch will be no problem.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm torn on this one between a Fitch UD (yeah another one) and an Alves kick ko. So bet one way on vbookie and the other on CPL. Either way, hope it's an exciting fight and is worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I really don't think this fight is going to be close. Comfortable UD for Fitch. Alves had one fight where he showed above average TDD (Kos) and people over estimate him because of that. Fitch won't take him down as easily as GSP did but he'll get him there and keep him there enough to win the fight without being in danger.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I really have no interest in seeing Fitch vs. GSP 2 so I hope Alves wins it. Sadly though, Fitch will probably grind out a decision.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I see Alves winning this. Alves could get up from underneath GSP and that was one of the few fights that I thought GSP could be in trouble(all it takes is one good shot to end it). Fitch doesn't have as good of wrestling or stand up as GSP and I think it won't be good enough to win a decision over Alves.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Going with Alves all the way. Like Tyson Griffin recently, Fitch should get KOed for the first time in his career.

Alves can not make the same mistake twice. This is his chance to shine. Fitch will go for the take down and Alves will a.) knee em or b.) sprawl then counter immediately.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.