Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes it?

1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Josh "Kos" Koscheck facing Paul "Semtex" Daley in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Maybe I am not thinking clearly on this one but I believe Daley will win this one all the way, I can only see this fight going to the ground one way, and that Kos going down to give the mat a kiss good night.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm going with Daley. I just have a feeling Kos will try to stand with Daley, then go to sleep.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Kos all the way. Kos's striking is really good recently and he was not knocked out by one of the most dangerous strikers at WW in Rumble. I see him banging with Daley for a little and then taking him down and TKO or submission RNC.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
It's all about Daley's TDD, if it hits the ground Kos will sub Paul pretty easily. If Kos can't take him down, it will only be a matter of time before Daley lands some bombs and ends the fight.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Kos by submission in round 2. Maybe even in round 1. Daley's TDD is not that good and I doubt it's better than AJ's. If Kos doesn't try to stand too much with Daley I think he's gonna beat him without problems.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
I really hope Daley gets the best out of kosh.
Give him the punishment he deserves for being such a boring fighter (taking a guy down and keep him there seems pretty boring to me).

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I really hope Daley gets the best out of kosh.
Give him the punishment he deserves for being such a boring fighter (taking a guy down and keep him there seems pretty boring to me).
When is the last time this happened in a Kos fight?

·
Registered
437 Posts
If Kos is stupid and stands toe to toe with Semtex he'll get what he deserves, unconsciousness. If he plays it smart and goes for TD's, he'll win.

It's Koschecks fight to win, or lose.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
This fight is going to go the same way Kos-Rumble went.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Doubt it, Koscheck is not going to out-strike Paul Daley. The fight may end with Koscheck winning by Submission, but the fight will not start with Koscheck out-striking Daley like he did to Johnson.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I haven't seen enough with Daley to make a fair assumption, but wasn't overly impressed with his last two fights. Kos kinda won me over in the Johnson fight, but I wouldn't care if Semtex put him to sleep.

This is a good fight to possibly add a new contender.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
You weren't 'overly impressed' by Daley knocking 2 decent contenders out in the 1st round?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I thought kampmann was stopped too early, and to be honest, hazelett was a step down striking wise, and no, I wasn't impressed. If he knocks out koscheck I'll be impressed.

Kampmann was a good fight for sure, quick, brutal hands, but stopped too soon. Hazelett held no weight, only reaffirmed what we knew, but not against a high level contender.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if koshcheck stand with daley yeah he might get ko'd, but i wouldnt under estimate koschecks stand up he could knock him out just as easy i reckon, but i think koshchech should definetly take daley down. He will have such an advantage, daleys TDD hasnt really been tested yet so its hard to say

koshceck by third round sub

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
i WANT symtex to win.... but kos has the tools to win.

if josh goes back into that "i'm a better boxer than you" thing he did with Paulo, he's done before 2:30 of the 1st round.

funny little thing: Kos lost to Thiago Alves, Paulo Thiago and if this little trend holds true, to Paul Daley.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's going to boil down to how well Daley snuffs the TD's and what he does on his back. Shields may not have the wrestling but he still had to work for the sub on Paul. As for my prediction - I think Kos has the right tools against someone like Daley but he's said he wants to knock pauls teeth down his throat, so I'm really undecided. I want Daley to win badly though.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I really don't care at all about this fight. Winner gets to spoon with GSP for 25 minutes. I kind of hate Kos but Daley is a douchebag as well.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.