Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes it?

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Kimbo Slice facing Matt Mitrione in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I really hope this fight does not go past the first round and a half. From what I have seen both of these fighters cardio is terrible and if it does the rest of the fight will be boring GnP.

Really like both of these fighters though and the first round should be entertaining. If it goes past a round and a Half Mittrione by decision. Earlier than that is anyone's game. I see a brawl fight in this one.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Kimbo via Can Crush.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I really hope this fight does not go past the first round and a half. From what I have seen both of these fighters cardio is terrible and if it does the rest of the fight will be boring GnP.

Really like both of these fighters though and the first round should be entertaining. If it goes past a round and a Half Mittrione by decision. Earlier than that is anyone's game. I see a brawl fight in this one.
If there is a gogoplata in this fight in this fight, i'll shave a chuck mohawk on my head, and probably wee my pants.
Somebodys gonna get ko'd.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
If the fight last more than 3 minutes im pretty sure that Kimbo´s cardio will offer Mitrione the fight. :D

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I really dislike mitrione so this will be the first time I actively cheer for Kimbo in a fight. I never disliked Kimbo though it seems like he is trying his best, he just isn't very good.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It absolutely disgusts me as an MMA fan that this fight is even on a UFC card, let alone on the main card. Dana talked shit abuot Kimbo being a terrible fighter and now he's pimping him on his main card? Talk about hypocritical. There are so many martial artists in the world that are 100X more talented than these clowns, and yet Slice-Mitrione is a MAIN CARD FIGHT?!?!?! The fact that UFC doesnt sign real fighters and signs these guys instead is one of the reasons why UFC is not completely accepted as a legit sport yet.
The NFL has the best football players in the country, the NBA has the best basketball players in the country, so why doesnt the UFC have the best fighters in the country? And dont tell me that Slice or Mitrione are among the best fighters in the country because that is just BS. They are both talentless cans with awful cardio and minimal experience in the sport of MMA.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I think Mitrione wins this fight in the second round very similar to how he bested Marcus Jones,

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
It absolutely disgusts me as an MMA fan that this fight is even on a UFC card, let alone on the main card. Dana talked shit abuot Kimbo being a terrible fighter and now he's pimping him on his main card? Talk about hypocritical. There are so many martial artists in the world that are 100X more talented than these clowns, and yet Slice-Mitrione is a MAIN CARD FIGHT?!?!?! The fact that UFC doesnt sign real fighters and signs these guys instead is one of the reasons why UFC is not completely accepted as a legit sport yet.
The NFL has the best football players in the country, the NBA has the best basketball players in the country, so why doesnt the UFC have the best fighters in the country? And dont tell me that Slice or Mitrione are among the best fighters in the country because that is just BS. They are both talentless cans with awful cardio and minimal experience in the sport of MMA.
I completely agree with this, I even did a thread about how Belcher and Cote should be pissed that this fight is billed higher than theirs, but if you really think about it. It's a gold opportunity.
Tons of ignorant poeple are going to tune in to watch Kimbo, and because of that they will have to watch:

-Cote and Belcher, wich should be a great stand up war between two great fighters.

-Koscheck and Daley, another great battle. Classic matchup of a great wrestler vs a great striker, all though given recent fights I see Koscheck standing for a least awhile, which will only help entertainment value.

-Shogun and Machida... can you think of two better representatives for the sport? I can't... this will pay off big time if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I completely agree with this, I even did a thread about how Belcher and Cote should be pissed that this fight is billed higher than theirs, but if you really think about it. It's a gold opportunity.
Tons of ignorant poeple are going to tune in to watch Kimbo, and because of that they will have to watch:

-Cote and Belcher, wich should be a great stand up war between two great fighters.

-Koscheck and Daley, another great battle. Classic matchup of a great wrestler vs a great striker, all though given recent fights I see Koscheck standing for a least awhile, which will only help entertainment value.

-Shogun and Machida... can you think of two better representatives for the sport? I can't... this will pay off big time if you ask me.
I completely agree that putting Kimbo on is a great business decision, it's just a bit upsetting as a real MMA fan to see Dana catering to the very same freak show audience he used to chastize.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
NO ONE SAID THES TWO WER THE BEST THEY JUST SELL SEATS AND THE UFC DOES IN FACT HAVE THE BEST ALREADY THER JUST TRYIN TO SELL MORE WITH THE BIG NAMED CANS

srry bout the caps lol wasnt payin attention to tht

and im gonna say mitrione takes this one similar to the way he beat big baby

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I actually happen to like Kimbo; so I'll be supporting him in this one. He'll have had a long camp with ATT, improved even more since the Houston fight, and I don't think Mitrione will worry him too much. I see Kimbo taking it in the 2nd.

Reactions: G_Land

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I think that Kimbo takes this. This fight will be a striking battle in my opinion and I think that Kimbo has more power, and better technique than Mitrione does. Mitrione was able to dominate Marcus Jones because Jones' striking is pretty much non existent. I doubt that he can make Kimbo look that bad. Not that Kimbo is a word class striker, but he is certainly better than Marcus Jones.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
Matt has a really heavy right hand and IF he connects its lights out Kimbo ...But I see Kimbo taking it to him and out pace him ....Im sure he worked on his cardio and I wouldnt be surprise to see Kimbo use a little wrestling and get to the ground and pound him out ...Kimbo rd 2 tko

1 - 20 of 141 Posts