Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes it?

***OFFICIAL*** Kimbo Slice vs.Matt Mitrione Pre/Post Fight

18K views 140 replies 68 participants last post by  The Horticulturist 
It absolutely disgusts me as an MMA fan that this fight is even on a UFC card, let alone on the main card. Dana talked shit abuot Kimbo being a terrible fighter and now he's pimping him on his main card? Talk about hypocritical. There are so many martial artists in the world that are 100X more talented than these clowns, and yet Slice-Mitrione is a MAIN CARD FIGHT?!?!?! The fact that UFC doesnt sign real fighters and signs these guys instead is one of the reasons why UFC is not completely accepted as a legit sport yet.
The NFL has the best football players in the country, the NBA has the best basketball players in the country, so why doesnt the UFC have the best fighters in the country? And dont tell me that Slice or Mitrione are among the best fighters in the country because that is just BS. They are both talentless cans with awful cardio and minimal experience in the sport of MMA.

I completely agree with this, I even did a thread about how Belcher and Cote should be pissed that this fight is billed higher than theirs, but if you really think about it. It's a gold opportunity.
Tons of ignorant poeple are going to tune in to watch Kimbo, and because of that they will have to watch:

-Cote and Belcher, wich should be a great stand up war between two great fighters.

-Koscheck and Daley, another great battle. Classic matchup of a great wrestler vs a great striker, all though given recent fights I see Koscheck standing for a least awhile, which will only help entertainment value.

-Shogun and Machida... can you think of two better representatives for the sport? I can't... this will pay off big time if you ask me.
I completely agree that putting Kimbo on is a great business decision, it's just a bit upsetting as a real MMA fan to see Dana catering to the very same freak show audience he used to chastize.

In terms of talent this is a pretty bad fight, but im still looking forward to watching it as it should be an exciting brawl. Im also interested too see how much Kimbo has improved since his last fight with Houston Alexander.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.