Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes it?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Lets see how badly Jardine gets KTFO'D this time. its gonna take some serious ko to top what hes already taken, his laundry list is worse then old chucks.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I think people are counting Jardine out too early. It will be a tough fight but I am hoping Jardine comes back with a win so he can stay on for a little while longer.
Nah, you just cant keep coming back from brutal knockouts like that. He's been shut off too many times. His punch resistance will only get worse than it already was, which is sad considering how bad it was when he started. I won't count him out totally, but he's damaged goods, and probably should retire with his health.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
ill go with jardine here, a lower tier opponent with looping wild punches means as long as jardine plays it GJS (greg jackson safe) he will get a ud.
Hammil actually had much improved Striking vs Jones , i know it there wasn't much of striking in that match but still he didn't telegraphe any strikes like he used too . and i don't see Jardine being able to do greg jackson safe game here , hammil always come forward and jardine won't take him down or control him in the clinch cause hammil is too strong for that . Hammil KO round 2 .

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Hammil actually had much improved Striking vs Jones , i know it there wasn't much of striking in that match but still he didn't telegraphe any strikes like he used too . and i don't see Jardine being able to do greg jackson safe game here , hammil always come forward and jardine won't take him down or control him in the clinch cause hammil is too strong for that . Hammil KO round 2 .
I think Hammil's striking has come a long way and is going to be way better than Bader's, but he wont have those 1 punch haymakers to get the KO. If he can wobble Jardine with his jabs then he might get a TKO on the ground.

·
Registered
453 Posts
yet another step down in competition for Kieth, and unfortunately one he will struggle to get through. I think we are at the stage now were a stiff jab might well lay him clean out.

Anything other than a convincing win here and the Dean of Mean should seriously consider hanging them up. I hope it doesnt come to this and i genuinely hope he is able to secure a win. But i wouldnt put money on it

Hammill by TKO.

·
Registered
780 Posts
No ones counting Jardine out before the fight, its looking at history. his last fight was against Bader, a wrestler with big power and developing standup, similar to hammill, and he wrecked jardine.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Lets be honest Jardine has fought Chuck Liddell and Quinton Jackson and neither guy knocked him out. His chin is not that bad and its getting really exaggerated here. I mean Thiago Silva hits hard he had Rashad reeling to, Wandy is a killer. I mean really he can take a punch but its his defense, he gets hit a lot and when you allow your opponent to use you face as a punching bag eventually your gonna get hit with a punch that you can't take.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lets be honest Jardine has fought Chuck Liddell and Quinton Jackson and neither guy knocked him out. His chin is not that bad and its getting really exaggerated here. I mean Thiago Silva hits hard he had Rashad reeling to, Wandy is a killer. I mean really he can take a punch but its his defense, he gets hit a lot and when you allow your opponent to use you face as a punching bag eventually your gonna get hit with a punch that you can't take.

Good point. He has fought some heavy hitters.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
This is another one I don't understand. Kieth should be a big favorite to win.

Matt wants to be a stand up fighter and while his technique has improved greatly, his speed has not. Kieth will keep him at distance with his weird kick punch combos, by the time matt admits to himself he has to take him down he'll be too beat up and tired to get it done.

No one likes my mma math but Hammill/Franklin + Jardine/liddel = Hammill no chance.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jardine says he's got nowhere to go but up:

When you've hit bottom, there's nowhere to go but up.

That's how Keith Jardine feels heading into his meeting with Matt Hamill (8-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC), which co-headlines The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale in Las Vegas this Saturday.

"I want to get rid of all my losses (and) all my wins," Jardine (15-7-1 MMA, 6-6 UFC) told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I want to put those behind me, and I've never done that before. I've never started fresh, and that's what this is for me."

The reserved Jardine said he is a new fighter after several painful setbacks in the octagon.

The bearded fighter and former bounty hunter has long been considered a rare bird in the light-heavyweight division for his herky-jerky, unorthodox striking style that confounds opponents.

He defeated Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell at UFC 66 and UFC 76, respectively, and was on his way to a contender bid in late 2007.

But after a string of losses to Wanderlei Silva, Quinton Jackson, Thiago Silva and Ryan Bader – three of them by brutal knockout – he was forced to get real about what had first brought him success in the sport.

"I've been growing through some growing pains, and I've been in a little bit of a slump," he said. "I needed to go through those pains to get to here."

Jardine trains with some of the best fighters in the world at Greg Jackson's MMA, though he said that he had doubts about his abilities even when he was winning.

"In my heart, I knew that I wasn't where I wanted to be," Jardine said. "I wasn't ready to carry the UFC torch yet."

After his most recent loss, a knockout at the hands of Ryan Bader at UFC 110, Jardine, a veteran of "The Ultimate Fighter 2," sat down with coaches Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn to figure out what was going wrong. He couldn't prepare more or train any harder before fights; that he knew.

As it turned out, his attempts to be orthodox took away his unconventional edge in striking. He was caught in between doing what worked and what he thought he should do.

"I tried to be too polished and too planned in everything I was doing, and I think I've come full circle now," he said. "I think I'm ready to let loose and exhibit a lot of stuff I've been doing."

Jardine said he feels marked improvement in the gym when he relaxes.

"I didn't really know what I was doing that was making it so hard for people to fight me, and now I do," he said. "It's more doing it on purpose than on accident."

Hamill, a veteran of "TUF 3," is a collegiate wrestling standout and has heavy hands. He has stopped five of his opponents with strikes, though he considers his most recent performance against Jon Jones a loss. (Jones dominated Hamill but was disqualified for illegal elbow strikes in a fight this past December.)

However, Jardine is unconcerned about Saturday's style match-up or what he stands to lose in the event of another setback. He is fighting for a fresh start.

"Honestly, this fight's been more about me than Hamill," he said. "Hamill brings some really good stuff to the table, but this training has been more about getting me to where I need to be. Trying to have a little bit more fun and being more free in my boxing and my wrestling and my jiu jitsu.

"It's not about what people think of me (or) about my history of wins and losses. I don't care about any of that. This is all about me and going out there and having fun fighting.

"I'm in a better place than I've ever been."
Link

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.