Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes it?

***OFFICIAL*** Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller Pre/Post Fight

6K views 79 replies 48 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Michael "The Count" Bisping facing Dan Miller in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

See less See more
#8 ·
I THINK Bisping will win, but I hope Miller does, oh and also Miller is a scrapper, he isnt scared to stand and trade, and Bisping has a glass chin.

Im not trying to be argumentative or disrespectful but apart from the right hand from hell (Hendo) who else has knocked out Bisping (glass jaw).!?
No offense but one ko does not make a glass jaw.

#9 ·
I THINK Bisping will win, but I hope Miller does, oh and also Miller is a scrapper, he isnt scared to stand and trade, and Bisping has a glass chin.

Im not trying to be argumentative or disrespectful but apart from the right hand from hell (Hendo) who else has knocked out Bisping (glass jaw).!?
No offense but one ko does not make a glass jaw.
Bisping was rocked by Wandy, and also.. Besides Hendo and Wandy, who has bisping ever fought to prove that he has a glass chin or not?

Bisping fought a bunch of cans and the UFC built his record up so he could be a huge british name for the brits to be all happy about.

#4 ·
Wasn't Dan Miller just out-struck by Demian Maia? I see Bisping taking this fairly easily tbh. He has a good enough ground game and TDD to defend Miller's grappling, and is far better on the feet. I think this could be the the fight where Bisping shows off his striking talent. He shouldn't be too wary of Miller's striking, so can let his hands go and utilise the crisp, powerful and technical striking we've seen in his blog videos. He was a little gun-shy against Wanderlei, as I presume he was slightly worried about the power of Wandy, but he won't have that worry here. Miller's a talented fighter, but I don't think Bisping is a good style match-up for him. I see Mike taking the fight by TKO in the 2nd.

#11 ·
I definitely can't say he has a glass jaw, but he was rocked and dropped against Kang too. It would be significant to point out that every fight since his fight with Hendo, he has been dropped.

BUT, it is also significant that Miller is not known for dropping people. I'm telling you though, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

#12 ·
I think Bisping takes this decisively. His kickboxing will be too much for Miller even though Miller isn't bad standing. I don't see Mike letting it go to the ground unless he wants to continue showing off his improved wrestling, and if he does, then he has decent sub def. Mike via TKO in the 3rd round.

#13 ·
seriously guys, lets be honest, bisping is the clear favorite for this fight. Dan miller is no can, but like bisping he will never hold a ufc title. This fight will go to the score cards and i see Dan miller taking a close split decision. Bisping will ultimatly say that he thinks he did enough to win the fight as always.
Bispings window for success in the ufc collapsed when he took hendo lightly. Randy couture has proven time and time again that age is just a number in mma. Hendo is still a top mma fighter dispite his age, he ko'd bisping then went 5 rounds with a young and dangerous shields.
Bisping wanted Silva, he got him and lost. He wanted another top 5 fighter, no one was availible so he gets dan miller who in my opinion, is better than bisping. were see what happens.

#15 ·
I find it funny how little has to happen for someone to be considered to have a glass chin these days.

Bisping has been rocked by Wandy and KO'd by Hendo... these two have some of the heaviest hands P4P in MMA! Ok he got caught by Kang but he has been caught before and managed to shake off some fairly stiff shots. Some people even say Rashad has a glass chin off the back of being KO'd once!

#17 ·
bisping is probably going to win.

im rooting for miller though! :thumbsup: second round RNC

or... if I could choose the ending it would be earth shattering brutal KO. :thumb02:

#20 ·
Man Miller is too damn nice. Polar opposite of Bisping, Want him to win cuz he's probably going to get cut, but Bisping should take this.

#23 ·
I think Miller should take the fight to the ground because his ground game is far better than Bisping's.
If Miller can do the same thing to Bisping as Dennis Kang in the first round, but without fading in the second round, i think he will take this.
Although Miller doesn't have the same GnP as Kang, he has a very solid ground game, i mean...he survived on the floor against Maia. That's something big.
My pick: Miller via UD.

#24 ·
I think this is a great match-up for Bisping. Miller is no joke but we all know that Bisping struggles against heavy handed strikers, Miller doesn't possess the power to trouble his chin, in my opinion. I also think that Bisping is the technically better striker. He should be able to kick box his way to a decision.

I could see Miller getting some takedowns but Bisping is great at getting back to his feet and I definitely can't see the Brit being finished off with a sub or anything on the ground.

Bisping via UD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.