Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who pulls it off?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
War Croatian Sensation!!
...Cool swp. I'm on the Cro-Cop bandwagon. I really hope he pulls this off. Votes are showing that may not be the case and for good reason. Barry has vicious kicks & punches. He's compact and throws with bad intentions. Cro-Cop's style has proven to be predictable- the left highkick- the straight left. He must mix up his striking. Mirko must be aggressive, not tentative and fight tall. If CC fights from the outside, he could pick Barry apart. If CC allows Pat to get in range, it will be big trouble for Mirko. This is the last fight on Cro-Cop's contract and he needs to fight his very best fight. Mirko is way overdue for his patented Headkick KO and Barry is much shorter. It would be icing on the cake if he pulled one off...WAR CRO-COP!!

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
If it stays standing, I'll pick Barry at this point in their careers. Although, Pat has a very ugly ground game, I even think Cro Cop would dominate him there. If Cro Cop struggles in the stand up, he should be looking for a take down because most of us have seen how badly Pat is lacking in the grappling department. If you haven't, watch Barry vs. Hague. That gives you a fairly good idea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You actually bring up a very good point. If it goes to the ground, Mirko would actually have an advantage. He has a pretty solid mount and could end up Ground & pouding Barry.

We saw him go for a takedown against Dos Santos, maybe it's part of his new arsenal. I sure hope so.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
If it stays standing, I'll pick Barry at this point in their careers. Although, Pat has a very ugly ground game, I even think Cro Cop would dominate him there. If Cro Cop struggles in the stand up, he should be looking for a take down because most of us have seen how badly Pat is lacking in the grappling department. If you haven't, watch Barry vs. Hague. That gives you a fairly good idea.
that was a year ago , and hague is no slouch on the ground . barry worked alot on his BJJ since than .

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
I gotta a no win situation here, both are excellent kickboxers.

Ultimately I have to go with the cro cop, he is such a legend I'd like to see him put out a great performance against barry.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
You know everyone is rooting for Crocop. If he loses especially in devastating fashion it's time...

Somehow I think Crocop is going to pull off something...

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I don't think Cro Cop will get back to his old form but even at that this is a huge test for Barry. Antoni "Let you punch me in the face" Hardonk is his previous best win and Hardonk was even giving Barry a little bit of trouble early in that fight.

Barry is powerful but I think Cro Cop is going to outclass him.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.