Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes it

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Patrick "The Predator" Cote facing Alan "The Talent" Belcher in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cote via what ever the hell turns his fancy. Belcher has nothing for Cote. 1st round KO.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Alan Belcher is gritty as hell... Cote has heavy hands and is very technical...

This promises to be a FOTN candidate....

Cote is coming off of a pretty long layoff though... and because of that I'm goin to choose Belcher for the upset.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alan Belcher is gritty as hell... Cote has heavy hands and is very technical...

This promises to be a FOTN candidate....

Cote is coming off of a pretty long layoff though... and because of that I'm goin to choose Belcher for the upset.
I just checked the betting odds Cote is actually the underdog, I am debating placing a bet but I am not sure which way the line will move as the fight approaches.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
In that case can't wait for the vbookie, and hoping the fight is as exciting as it seems like from these guys earlier matches. And hoping the long wait since seeing the Predator in there doesn't affect him.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
I'm not trusting Cote's gas tank being out for so long with a knee injury. Belcher is a tough well rounded guy I say Cote gases in the third and Belcher steals the fight.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I remember seeing a vid showing Cote being pretty out of shape during this layoff. Might take Belcher for this reason.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If Belcher wades through punches to land his own, like he did against Gouviea, he'll get KTFO. Cotes chin is too solid and he has too much KO power for that to work. Has potential to be a great fight.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
I just checked the betting odds Cote is actually the underdog, I am debating placing a bet but I am not sure which way the line will move as the fight approaches.
It will move in Cotes favor IMO.... but that lay off is almost like a curse...

Cote in full fight condition is another story..... he'd catch Belcher..

But Belcher is no warm up fight.... this has potential for Alan all day..

They should have given Patrick somebody like.... Goviea, Bisbing, Sakara or Irvin..... as a warm up..

I just think Belcher is too dangerous for any fighter coming off of a long injury/layoff.....

·
Godless Heathen
4,144 Posts
Obviously i'm going for Cote as he's one of my favs but this is a damn tough test for his first fight back. Belcher looked awesome against Gouveia i really hope Cote has pushed himself damn hard in camp...but i'm confident he'll win.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I got Cote in this fight. Glad to see him back, and I cant wait for the war.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I voted for "The Predator", I'll be cheering for him, but I have a feeling Belcher is going to take this. And then he will be the UFC's newest middle weight project.

By the way, IMO... if there is a fight, in recent memory, to try to attract a new MMA fan... this is it right here!

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
I sincerely hope Cote rips this douche's head off. If this fight goes to the 3rd round I can see ring-rust having a profound effect on Cote's conditioning - that's why he'll look to push the tempo early and look for the KO, hopefully finding it in the 1st round.

So yeah, Cote R1 KO.

·
Gone Fishing
4,534 Posts
I've been impressed with Belcher his last couple of fights. He seems scrappy and has impressive kicks. I do hope he cuts that fugly mop before the fight tho. Belcher by head kick ko!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Belcher is my favourite to win, hes gonna kick Cotes legs to pieces.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Everyone before me has nailed my thoughts exactly. Lol, reading this thread you can see that a lot people are analyzing with their minds and voting with their hearts. Fair enough. I think Belchar wins this because of the layoff.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think people underestimate how motivated this being in Montreal has Cote. I guarantee he will show up capable of going the full 15 but planning on cosiderably less..

1 - 20 of 109 Posts