Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Which one will survive?

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Roy 'Big Country' Nelson throwing down with Junior 'Cigano' Dos Santos at UFC 117 in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Registered
646 Posts
JDS is going to crush Roy, hard to believe it's 5-5 on the vote right now. JDS has stopped several good fighters, Roys biggest win is vs...who? Didn't JDS just finish a better version of Roy....the manbear, now he has to beat the manpig?

I don't dislike Roy, he's a legit fighter and seems like a good dude, I just don't think he's an elite level fighter.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hope we Finally see where JDS bjj his . i really think his BJJ gets hyped to make other fighter want to stand with him abit . Roy is Very intelligent Fighter he will look to put JDS on his back and Finish him there . Roy nelson Sub round 2 .

·
Banned
408 Posts
Roy Nelson Thinks ‘Cigano’ dos Santos Is The Best HW In The UFC

Roy Nelson Thinks ‘Cigano’ dos Santos Is The Best HW In The UFC | Steve Rattlesnake

Speaking with Las Vegas Sun:

“If I could pick my way to the top, this is one of the fastest ways to do it, I wanted to fight for the belt my very first fight, so this is OK with me.

Hands down, I think he’s the best guy in the UFC right now, This is my title fight, because I look at it as I think this guy can beat the guy who has the belt. I think Junior is the best.”

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I disagree. I think both Brock and Cain would beat JDS with their wrestling. Carwin is a 50/50 fight for me since he relies on his standup and has problems against technically more sound strikers, but he only needs to connect once to wobble you.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Roy making comments like this is very smart. As for the thought itself. I think Brock would be tough fight for Junior just based on size. However I am looking forward to the day that Junior destroys the severly overrated Cain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I DON'T LIKE THIS MATCH UP AT ALL !!

who has Big Country fought ?? WHO THE HELL has he fought ??
Stefan Struve ? JDS already KOed a year ago !!

Dos Santos teared apart the Heavyweight division, man handled ALL of his 5 opponents !! mean while Roy Nelson who had only 2 fights in the UFC is having a #1 contendership fight ?? GIVE ME A BREAK !! he got TKOed by Rothwell for God's sake !

IMO JDS deserves the title shot even more then Cain Velasquez !!

I LOVE BIG COUNTRY !! BUT THIS MATCH UP IS WRONG !!
and on top of that Nelson is wearing the red gloves

1 - 20 of 174 Posts