Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who takes it?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please conduct ALL of your discussion in regards to Roy "Big Country" Nelson facing Stefan "Skyscraper" Struve in this thread. All threads made in regards to this fight will be merged into this one.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Roy has better KO power, has a big advantage on the ground, and i don't see Struve's reach being that big of a problem

·
Registered
571 Posts
Roy has better KO power, has a big advantage on the ground, and i don't see Struve's reach being that big of a problem
Yeah I agree.

Roy's too experienced and has a better ground game which, ATM, appears to be Struve's strong point.

Every time I see Struve though he looks a little bigger/thicker which is a good sign as he'll have contend with the likes of Lesnar, Carwin and Mir who are all big dudes.

Struve just needs to work hard on his striking and he'll be well on his way.

A couple years down the line Struve could be a real contender but Nelson's just a bit too much of a step up for him ATM.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Gotta go with Big Nasty. hes bigger, stronger, and has a better ground game. struve has... reach?

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Yeah I agree.

Roy's too experienced and has a better ground game which, ATM, appears to be Struve's strong point.

Every time I see Struve though he looks a little bigger/thicker which is a good sign as he'll have contend with the likes of Lesnar, Carwin and Mir who are all big dudes.

Struve just needs to work hard on his striking and he'll be well on his way.

A couple years down the line Struve could be a real contender but Nelson's just a bit too much of a step up for him ATM.

Yeah he is a young KID, high future for him!

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Roy by the belly bounce...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think this will be a very close fight. We see an improved Struve every time he steps into the cage, he's adding muscle to his frame every fight and he is huge, which obviously gives him some advantages.

I'm still going to go for Roy Nelson though. Heavy hands, a very good ground game amd just more experience in general.

Look out for Struve in the future, though.

·
Roll Tide Roll
7,603 Posts
This will be a big step for Struve....Im pretty sure Roy will pull off a TKO/stopage ...but hey maybe the kid can pull off a win and surprise us

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
This will be a big step for Struve....Im pretty sure Roy will pull off a TKO/stopage ...but hey maybe the kid can pull off a win and surprise us
Yes he can G_Land... Yes he can... You should go for Struve come CPL i think he will give you a win :wink01:

Reactions: G_Land

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I see your game here MK!!!!! Your Tom foolery wont work on me!!!! LOL
Game?!!? What Game?!?! heh heh... Im just agreeing with a good buddy of mine that made a good point about Struve...

And how a upset if very likely :wink01:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I don't think Struve has any chance Roy is way to much bigger, and his belly helps control people on the ground. Probably Roy by 1st or 2nd round tko.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I think that Nelson will take this fight. He can hurt and defeat Struve anywhere this fight goes. Struve can do the same, but I think that Nelson's striking and ground game is better.

·
Banned
689 Posts
that fat **** will dominate that pasty fellow

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think this will be a very close fight. We see an improved Struve every time he steps into the cage, he's adding muscle to his frame every fight and he is huge, which obviously gives him some advantages.

I'm still going to go for Roy Nelson though. Heavy hands, a very good ground game amd just more experience in general.

Look out for Struve in the future, though.
agreed, i've been watching him since he fought on cage gladiators. he's improved alot since those days. he's 6'11 and he's very athletic for his size. if he trains with some dutch kickboxers he could become a beast.

noone's giving struve much of a chance in this fight. his striking will be better in this fight than his last. if he uses his range effectively he can avoid the takedowns and pepper roy nelson with jabs all night. if it hits the mat he has very good submissions, those legs can secure some sick triangles. roy's a top fighter no doubt but i feel he's being given tuf hype treatment.

struve is a +220 underdog on most sites, i like those odds, this kids going to make me a bit of money come wednesday night.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Roy Nelson by tko round 2

1 - 20 of 64 Posts