Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just watched this on UFC vault, it seems you don't a membership to watch the undercard fights, it's free. Anyone else seen it yet? Okami looked straight up beastly tonight. Pinpoint accurate strikes, quick and smart movement. Good to see he's being less conservative and more aggressive. I know he only fought Linhares but his technique was still very impressive. Joe mentioned how he came to Sonnen to train too and I found this interview

Chael Sonnen says "I want to say hello to my brother, Yushin Okami":

"I want to say hello to my brother, Yushin through this interview. I am saddened that he returned to Japan - it feels like I parted with a close friend. Though Yushin lost against me, he came forward and asked to train with me: Is this a Japanese thing? It is admirable that he tried to learn from an opponent who defeated him. While at Team Quest in Portland, he thoroughly handled me during training. I was lucky that I managed to defeat him in our fight. I probably won't agree to a rematch with him (laughs). The one fighter whom I never want to fight again - that is Yushin Okami."

·
Registered
138 Posts
NO LINHARES!!!

I just wish he that he could pull off one victory. There havent been a ´finnsih fighter in the UFC but Linhares is the closest because he live's here. They have gave him Palhares and Okami in his two first fights!

Nice interview. Chael is maybe cooler than i thought

Reactions: Inkdot

·
Psychedelic
891 Posts
NO LINHARES!!!

I just wish he that he could pull off one victory. There havent been a ´finnsih fighter in the UFC but Linhares is the closest because he live's here. They have gave him Palhares and Okami in his two first fights!

Nice interview. Chael is maybe cooler than i thought
Don't worry, I'm sure you will get some new fighter in there very soon, and we sill don't know if Linhares has been released?

It's too bad that Finland has some pretty good fighters that can't compete in UFC or america due to some controversial tattoos (Valtonen, Puhakka). They should just get rid of that crap and take their careers to the next level.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
There havent been a ´finnsih fighter in the UFC but Linhares is the closest because he live's here.
Well, Tony Halme had one fight back in the day, although that's something everybody just wants to forget about.:laugh:

Yeah they threw in Linhares at the deep end right from the start. Maybe they expected more of him, who knows. I don't know how they decide it, but some new guys they pair up with it each other, and others they feed to guys like Kongo. Seems a bit unfair, but then again, the ones that get tough fights early will climb the rankings a lot faster if they are successful.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, Tony Halme had one fight back in the day, although that's something everybody just wants to forget about.:laugh:

Yeah they threw in Linhares at the deep end right from the start. Maybe they expected more of him, who knows. I don't know how they decide it, but some new guys they pair up with it each other, and others they feed to guys like Kongo. Seems a bit unfair, but then again, the ones that get tough fights early will climb the rankings a lot faster if they are successful.
Well i didnt count that Halme fight. That guy was a joke.
He also came to Finland like "I'm the on finnish to ever fight in the UFC!!!" and no one didnt know how the match ended
And really a politic who fights against illegal weapons and drugs gets fired becaue shooting with illegal weapon on drugs? And later kills himself with these two :praise02:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts