Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello mma forum, ive visited this site many times b4 but just as a guest now im fianlly a member :)

i have a few questions, im about to start mma and i want to compeed, so this is my questions

am i to old? Im 21 y old and ive never trained mma b4 is it to late for me to be a hw campion in the ufc?

Am i to big or is being big a good thing? so im 2.06 cm long thats about 6.7-8 foot, so is that good or bad? if so how and why? :) thanks in advance

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well it would be "compete" and "too" big.......you are def not too old and your height has advantages and disadvantages....

Striking wise you ability to keep distance will certanly be greater than someone of less stature. The long limbs are easy to get caught in submissions as well, so your ground game will need to be top notch....

I would recommend a base in Muay Thai and BJJ or Judo.....

Welcome to the forum btw....just breakin your chops on the spelling....Good luck!!

·
-The strangler-
29 Posts
Well it would be "compete" and "too" big.......you are def not too old and your height has advantages and disadvantages....

Striking wise you ability to keep distance will certanly be greater than someone of less stature. The long limbs are easy to get caught in submissions as well, so your ground game will need to be top notch....

I would recommend a base in Muay Thai and BJJ or Judo.....

Welcome to the forum btw....just breakin your chops on the spelling....Good luck!!
i agree. 100% im 6'3'' not your height but even being 6'3'' my limbs are long and you need a WELL TRAINED submission offense. which is why i try to not go to the ground unless NEEDED.. if i do i try to fall on my back and pull full guard instantly

·
Godless Heathen
4,145 Posts
What about 36 years old? If you are in top notch shape, what will the results be in the octogon?
Fighters can be just fine at 36 years old. all depends on your conditioning and skillset. Randy and Hendo did/have done fine after 40 because of their greco, and strength is the last thing to go.

Now if someone is starting out in MMA at 36, different story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts