Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Whatever happened to...

...Demetrious Johnson.

If anyone remembers who that is.

He used to be on the pound for pound list. Now no one remembers his name.

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
Well he came in charging by winning the Flyweight Grand Prix but had to wait for the title shot due to the fact that One Championship Flyweight Champion Adriano Moraes was injured. But then to top everything else off, COVID happened and despite rescheduling the match several times, they've never fought yet. So yeah, he lost once and hasn't fought.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Is Demetrious Johnson being paid what he "deserves" now.

Now that he's no longer being "oppressed" and "underpaid" by the UFC.

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
I think he's getting paid pretty well but considering how much ONE Championship burns through money despite all that they make, he might only have a job for so long. Also considering he hasn't fought all year he probably isn't making a whole lot of money. However, he does seem to be making good money on Twitch right now.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
I hope Henry Cejudo and others who think they would be bringing in millions if they weren't being "oppressed" by the UFC.

Look at Demetrious Johnson in ONE FC and question whether that's true.

·
The Title Guy
17,410 Posts
Actually I think he's making decent money when he's fighting that is. As I mentioned earlier, he hasn't fought at all this year due to the pandemic.

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Is it due to the pandemic? One FC is doing events. Mighty Mouse isn't on them.

Remember this:

Mighty Mouse: If I were Super Bowl champ 4-years running ‘I guarantee I can f***ing retire’

"You look at the NFL. Those guys want more money because we have a short opportunity to make as much money as possible. I’m only thirty now and I had ten years. I’ve fought for the UFC since 2011. So what is that? Essentially, five years I’ve competed in the UFC and I’ve been the champion for almost four years. I can’t retire right now. So if I was an NFL player and I played four years and won the super bowl four years in a row, I guarantee I can ******* retire. You’re starting to see a lot of fighters like, ‘We want more money so we can be able to retire eventually,’ instead of, we get to 30 years-old and we’re like, ‘Alright, I think Costco has openings’."

I would be curious to know if he's closer to retiring now. Than he was back then.

There are so many people who believe they're oppressed by the UFC. It would be nice if the record was set straight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts