Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If UFC had an open weight tournament and all the title holders were in it along with others who do u thin kwould come out on top

I wanna say Andrei Arlovski OR Rich Franklin

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do u think hughes could take out GSP

im pretty sure his next loss is gonna b to Gsp...but could hughes handle Andrei

·
Registered
332 Posts
Is an open weight Tournament even possible? I thought the UFC was sactioned under the WBO or something. Dont get me wrong I think it would be awesome but I just dont see it being allowed in the states. Not even Nevada.

Anyway I think probably Arlovski like everyone else. He's got the cardio the size, skills, speed and the power

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol

CTFlyingKnee said:
LOL i love newwwwwbs we get one of these posts every 2 weeks or so....I think either AA or Chuck would win it all

i shoulda checkede to see if someone did that already:dunno:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Chuck Liddell would rock all his opponents to sleep, the only opponent we would have trouble against is Rich Franklin but I think he will rock him after seeing what Ryoto did to Rich and Chuck would destroy Ryoto no doubt.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Chuck Liddell would definitely win this. The only people he'd have trouble with in my opinion are Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, and Rich Franklin.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
First of all this would not happen because of the Nevada State Athletics Commissions states a fighter must wait 4 days between fights and must meet weight requirements. With that being said, I still think Matt Hughes could take it.

8-Man Openweight Tournament, Round 1:
Arlovski vs. Sylvia - Arlovski
Liddell vs. Ortiz - Liddell
Franklin vs. Silva - Franklin
Hughes vs. St. Pierre - Hughes

Arlovski would win, and even if Sylvia would win, he would just gas out in next round.

Liddell to KO Ortiz because Chuck has Tito's number

Franklin to win because he is the best Middleweight fighter in the world

Hughes would ground and pound GSP, this will be proven in a couple of months.

Round 2:
Arlovski vs. Liddell - Liddell
Franklin vs. Hughes - Hughes

Liddell would win mainly because he is more aggressive than AA.

Hughes would take a beating by Franklin but still win by decision.

Round 3:
Liddell vs. Hughes - Hughes

Hughes would win in my opinion because Liddell had tougher opponents. This would go to decision or doctor stoppage.

These are my opinions, so deal with it.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like it

Good Job panning all that out.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I just dont see any way in hell Matt Hughes would win this. I dont think he would beat St. Pierre let alone Rich. And come on matt would try to take Chuck down and Chuck would knock his ass out without a problem.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Chuck Liddell would smoke all of them! To bad Nevada doesn't allow open weight tournaments because I think it would be pretty sweet!

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bonner

i trip everytime i see u post...Nice Signature

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i am

a stephen Bonner fan too so i guess i should side with ya lol

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
You do have to consider fighters getting hurt. Would any of these guys back down if they were hurt? I don't think so, they have too much pride. Fighting while hurt would play a factor. That's why the UFC should do this tournament in Canada or Mexico, where they can bend and not break the rules.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ohh yeaaaa

Kameleon said:
You do have to consider fighters getting hurt. Would any of these guys back down if they were hurt? I don't think so, they have too much pride. Fighting while hurt would play a factor. That's why the UFC should do this tournament in Canada or Mexico, where they can bend and not break the rules.

I agree

YEAAAAAAAAAA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts