Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
O'Reilly oviously don't know what he's talking about.

I don't even bother wrighting any arguments for it here, becaus I think everyone on this forum knows it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I personally HATE Bill O'Reilly and disagree with everything he has to say on a regular basis.... so I don't watch the show. I watched that clip though, very ridiculous. Boxing IS worse for your head, it's a fact.

·
Registered
231 Posts
FloorNBore said:
I personally HATE Bill O'Reilly and disagree with everything he has to say on a regular basis.... so I don't watch the show. I watched that clip though, very ridiculous. Boxing IS worse for your head, it's a fact.

hating o'reilly has nothing to do with it. I personally like him and agree with the majority of his views, however I believe BOXING can have more long term damage

·
Registered
66 Posts
gabester76 said:
hating o'reilly has nothing to do with it. I personally like him and agree with the majority of his views, however I believe BOXING can have more long term damage
No one said it did, just stating an opinion.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
I can't understand how this guy has enough fans to keep his show going :dunno:
everybody hates him.
they even have a i-hate-o'reilly.com lol!!!:laugh:
o'reilly=ultimate idiot

·
Registered
273 Posts
O'reilly is basing his opinion of mma on how he feels when he sees a fighter like Rich Franklin beat the hell out of another fighter. Fine, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion. The problem I have with him in this interview is that he is swaying other people's opinions with his own ill-informed and inacurate views.

To be pithy: Oreilly, you're a bonehead.

·
Banned
723 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
everybody hates him.
they even have a i-hate-o'reilly.com lol!!!:laugh:
o'reilly=ultimate idiot

Actually, thats not true. He doesn't have the highest rated cable news show or be a multiple time best seller for nothing you know. Sites like that are usually made by far left loons who watch crap like Countdown with Keith Olbermann (whos ratings are in the toilet).

Its not right to call him an idiot because you disagree with his views on one segment of his show. He has done a lot to help a lot of people, such as being a driving force behind tougher laws and sentencing guide lines for child sex predators.

Like I said, he usually takes the opposing view of who ever he has on the show to create a debate. If he just agreed with Dana and Rich and thrown them soft ball questions it wouldn't be as entertaining or a balanced show. So cut him some slack.

Pogo

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
Actually, thats not true. He doesn't have the highest rated cable news show or be a multiple time best seller for nothing you know. Sites like that are usually made by far left loons who watch crap like Countdown with Keith Olbermann (whos ratings are in the toilet).
Its not right to call him an idiot because you disagree with his views on one segment of his show. He has done a lot to help a lot of people, such as being a driving force behind tougher laws and sentencing guide lines for child sex predators.
Like I said, he usually takes the opposing view of who ever he has on the show to create a debate. If he just agreed with Dana and Rich and thrown them soft ball questions it wouldn't be as entertaining or a balanced show. So cut him some slack.
Pogo
makes me question you, too. fox new + o'rielly= neither fair nor balanced.;)

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:

Pogo
Pogo, are you Bill O'reilly? :laugh: Nah but if he doesn't wanna be called an idiot I guess he shouldn't portray himself as one. The guy said Ali has Parkinsons because of boxing. That, my friend, is a completely idiotic statement to the absolute max. He doesn't deserve his paychecks for being a moron.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Pogo, are you Bill O'reilly? :laugh: Nah but if he doesn't wanna be called an idiot I guess he shouldn't portray himself as one. The guy said Ali has Parkinsons because of boxing. That, my friend, is a completely idiotic statement to the absolute max. He doesn't deserve his paychecks for being a moron.
but hey he is on fox news station!:laugh: all they do is lie and are anything but right.
plus boxing is not mma

·
Banned
723 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:

O'Reilly was quoting what Ali said. That boxing caused his Disease. Besides, head trauma (associated with boxing) is considered to be one of the causes of Parkinson's disease.

Here are some of the causes of Parkinson's from a medical web site.

- An adverse reaction to prescription drugs
- Use of illegal drugs
- Exposure to environmental toxins
- Stroke
- Thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Repeated head trauma (for example, the trauma associated with boxing)
- Brain tumor
- An excess of fluid around the brain (called hydrocephalus)
- Brain inflammation (encephalitis) resulting from infection

So if Ali said its what caused him the disease than it is most likely the cause as that was likely determined. So O'Reilly didn't make an idiotic statement as he was quoting Ali and even if he wasn't he would still be factually correct.

Pogo

·
Banned
723 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
but hey he is on fox news station!:laugh: all they do is lie and are anything but right.
plus boxing is not mma

The fact that within a few short years of coming on the air they were able to become the highest rated cable news network (while networks like CNN, MSNBC and others saw there ratings hit the skids) shows that more people trust them for news than they than do the other networks despite all of the negative propoganda thats out there about them.

Can you blame people when you got networks like CNN playing terrorist propoganda videos. Please!

Pogo

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
The fact that within a few short years of coming on the air they were able to become the highest rated cable news network (while networks like CNN, MSNBC and others saw there ratings hit the skids) shows that more people trust them for news than they than do the other networks despite all of the negative propoganda thats out there about them.

Can you blame people when you got networks like CNN playing terrorist propoganda videos. Please!

Pogo
I prefer the news from Jon Stewart and Bill Maher :D :cheeky4: Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but I've never met anyone who watches The O'Reilly Factor religiously. Most people I have met watch it to see what dumb thing Bill O'Reilly will say next. And good post about Parkinson's...I was totally unaware of that. Maybe Michael J. Fox and Adolf Hitler should have given up their boxing careers earlier ;)

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
over statement

FloorNBore said:

u mean to tell me you dont agree with his views on child predators and how he is moving forward in making laws more strict....personally i like bill oReilly hes bias but i think most news are these days...Props to Bill

1 - 20 of 53 Posts