Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...UFC 121 on October 23rd is shaping up to be an incredible event.

While nothing is official, the card is set to feature a heavyweight championship bout between Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez, a welterweight co-main event between Jake Shields and Martin Kampmann, a 170 lbs barn burner between Diego Sanchez and Paulo Thiago, anticipated slugfest between Patrick Cote and Tom Lawlor, a lightweight donnybrook between Sam Stout and Paul Taylor, TUF 11 winner Court McGee vs. Ryan Jensen, as well as a middleweight tilt between Chris Camozzi and Dong Yi Yang.

And, on top of that, Tito Ortiz is to be added onto this card to face Forrest Griffin as well...
A bit of an article at www.sportsnet.ca (LINK)

How much more can they possibly stack this card? It's getting ridicilous (in a good way) :) And it's not even in Las Vegas! :p

Can't wait to get official confirmation on this match, but really hope this is true... Good way for Griffin to get back in there :) and Tito as well

·
Panic-wrestler
4,093 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm that card looks too good to be true, i'm going to say let's wait a little bit because i'm finding it hard to believe they'll put all this together for one card.

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would they possibly save the match for 122 in Germany? (Fingers crossed!)

Though I can't see them adding a match that big to a card in Europe that is already featuring a MW title bout :/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Adding Forrest to the card just would just add more icing to the cake.This card is already looking staked as is. Cant wait to see it.:)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
UFC 21: Ortiz vs Griffen?

UFC 121 on October 23rd is shaping up to be an incredible event.

While nothing is official, the card is set to feature a heavyweight championship bout between Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez, a welterweight co-main event between Jake Shields and Martin Kampmann, a 170 lbs barn burner between Diego Sanchez and Paulo Thiago, anticipated slugfest between Patrick Cote and Tom Lawlor, a lightweight donnybrook between Sam Stout and Paul Taylor, TUF 11 winner Court McGee vs. Ryan Jensen, as well as a middleweight tilt between Chris Camozzi and Dong Yi Yang.

And, on top of that, Tito Ortiz is to be added onto this card to face Forrest Griffin as well.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/252206/Report-Ortiz-vs-Griffin-at-UFC-121/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow...very nice card for 121, the buys should be incredible, ortiz and lesnar on the same card?? throw in randy, chuck, and GSP and you would have a ppv record:confused02:

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
Pass!
I'd rather see Griffin fighting a better fighter, a contender! Forrest Griffin vs Thiago Silva! (i don't think Silva will lose against Boetsch. it would be a shock). Or Griffin vs winner Lil Nog/Bader.
I would like to see Ortiz fight a young gun like Phil Davis!

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Forrest-Ortiz 3 stacks the card even more?

The last fight was pretty bad. And Tito is irrelevant. That fight would be the suck. Rather Forrest wait and fight someone better.

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As bad as the last match was it will still be a huge draw for casual UFC fans... They're really going all out on this one... And the more people buy the PPV, the more people like Lesnar gets paid :)

Wonder how much this card can draw compared to 100 and 116 for example?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Tito will get hurt or have just beaten cancer and will probably be 1/3rd dead or some shit, I have my doubts about him ever fighting again.
Time will well.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Uggggg... This match again? This is the fight that never ends... it goes on and on my friends...

Well, maybe this time around it'll be more exciting than the 2nd match.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.