Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I think Chuck should have one more fight against Tito or Couture and then bow out gracefully!
ya couture or tito finisher win especially the shape he was in - couture is sure-fire win, i don't think Dana would let let Chuck fight in UFC though.

I'd like him to go out and fight another active 40+ y.o. legend of MMA with a win, even a Strikeforce fight.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Liddell is 1-5 in his last 6 and 40 years old. He isn't like Couture in that he has kept himself in insanely good condition his whole fighting career so for me it's a no brainer, he should retire as the legend that he is.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I guess it would be ok if he fought Tito one more time so that he would have the chance to retire after a win, because I don't think Tito would knock him out since he has no standup. But if he beats Tito it probably won't end there, suddenly people will be all "Chuck's back" and he would have an excuse to keep on fighting against opponents that will beat him senseless. I just don't think his brain should have to take anymore punishment, it might not end well.

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
I would love to see Tito vs Chuck. Just to so Chuck can go out on a high note and leave Tito in the fetal position once again.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I hope he realises it is now time to hang up the gloves, safe in the knowledge that he is one of the most beloved, admired and iconic fighters in the history of MMA.

Chuck can not hang with the best that LHW can offer anymore (or possibly even the upper-middle tier), no matter how much he or the fans wish it where so, and i dont think i could stand to watch him loose any more matches against people that he 'should' be beating.

These losses cant tarnish his memory exactly for it is set in stone. But it does leave a slightly bitter taste on what should be a graceful end to an incredible career.

Saying that though, i still wouldnt mind seeing him crush Tito one last time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
can anyone imagine how horrific it would be if chuck fought tito again and by some incredible miracle of unbeliveability tito hits chuck with a bolt from the blue and ragdolls his ass like rich franklin did? i think i would start crying (well, maybe not). please let chuck go. he's old, his chin is now made of glass and it is time for him to find another pleasure in life. i mean, they even have him getting KTFO on those ultimate knockout shows. that just ain't right. lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts