Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They just showed Dana White on the PPV and he had his arm around his new best friend..
Dana looked very very pleased with himself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They just showed Dana White on the PPV and he had his arm around his new best friend..
Dana looked very very pleased with himself.
Thats awesome carnt wait to see him in the UFC i hope his first fight is gsp for the title! it was funny becasue when the camera went towards dana he had an arm around Sheilds and said MINE!!!

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What did Rogan say? Something about CBS? :sarcastic12:
Something about CBS not being happy about this.

Why all this hype around shields all of a sudden?
Uhm because he just beat the former Pride 205 and 185 champ and guy many considered the #2 MW in the world and he is a natural WW. Yeah thats impressive.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not a fan of his but dude has won 14 straight fights over fighters like- Carlos Condit, Yushin Okami, Paul Daley, Robbie Lawler, Jason Miller and now Hendo.
This when you look at records people are sleeping on him, he could controversially be considered above GSP.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think your heavily underrating Shields. I guarantee Shields will be top 5 if not top 2 or 3 in the UFC WW division. I am not sure how he will deal with Kos or Alves but I think he could beat alot of WW's.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I think your heavily underrating Shields. I guarantee Shields will be top 5 if not top 2 or 3 in the UFC WW division. I am not sure how he will deal with Kos or Alves but I think he could beat alot of WW's.
I agree. He might even have better wrestling than GSP, which will do him well in any division he fights in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude, absolutely. Shields will either take the title (though, the idea of GSP losing seems laughable now just because of how untouchable he's been since his Serra loss) or he'll take Fitch's place as the constant #2, I guarantee it.

·
ASS MAN
6,063 Posts
Oh please. Its obvious this is just for danas personal amusement. Shields will be an average ww at best.
Until he comes to the UFC it's only talk to say he would only be an average fighter at WW. Daley is fighting Kos for a potential title fight and he already holds a win over him. Again not a big fan of Jake but I think it's clear he is top level fighter and not an average one with his resume so far.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree. He might even have better wrestling than GSP, which will do him well in any division he fights in.
No way IMO, he took Hendo down but he struggled hard against both Hendo and to a lesser extend Mayhem. GPS doesn't just take world class wrestlers down he makes it look easy. Shields wrestling IMO is about on the same level as Jon Fitch. I see Shields as Jon Fight with a better submission game.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
No way IMO, he took Hendo down but he struggled hard against both Hendo and to a lesser extend Mayhem. GPS doesn't just take world class wrestlers down he makes it look easy. Shields wrestling IMO is about on the same level as Jon Fitch. I see Shields as Jon Fight with a better submission game.
this ^

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.