Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside of the Silva nonsense I thought it was a pretty good card:

Grove/Munoz: Very exciting, back-and-forth fight. I thought Munoz was done at the end of the first but he came back and won

Dos Anjos/Etim: Some beautiful BJJ in the second round. Dos Anjos showed great patience and really broke Etim down to get that sub

Davis/Gustafsson: Davis looked like a future contender, and Gustafsson showed surprising TDD. He could be pretty good with more experience and training

Hughes/Gracie: This one wasn't great, although Renzo was somewhat competitive in the first

Penn/Edgar: Great fight, very technical. BJ didn't look like himself but Edgar fought a perfect fight, all credit to him.

Overall I'd score the card a 2.5/5, taking off a point for the bizarre main event.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
1/5......silva fight believe it or not was the only fight i was looking forward to and it was a joke. Bj fight was good but the juding made it bogus. Gracie just killed it that man needs to hang it up. The smaller fights were great tho, but all small fights are great.

·
The Avy Slut
3,342 Posts
I enjoyed it, just a couple fights dissapointed a little - a found the Hughes/Gracie fight a little anticlimactic, and of course Silva's arrogance was enough to spoil a fight. Other than that, I always enjoy watching Kendall Grove fight - but Mark Munoz really brought it, I liked what I saw. Dos Anjos was a beast on the ground, put on a BJJ clinic - but it sucks 'cause I don't mind Etim. And of course the BJ/Frankie fight was a sick fight, that should've gotten FoTN. War Frankie!!

3.5/5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts