Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure I saw a thread on this so I'm making this one.

Since Overeem is here in the US fighting for Strikeforce I am assuming he passed all the tests? Do we know that for sure?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I heard that mandatory testing might not even happen which I find frustating and stupid. I will try to find the link.

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2010/05/1...avy-artillery-fighters-after-weigh-ins-today/

Ok never mind basicly it say's that Missouri isn’t revealing what kind of testing they’re conducting or who they’re actually testing.

So just to make sure Strikeforce is taking into their own hands and testing everyone themselfs.

·
Registered
643 Posts
A couple takes from the video: First, Alistair eats nuts, two, he paid $1000 for a ribeye of Barbaro, three, I dig the ochestration of the opening, it's much more dramatic than generic metal riff, and lastly, he's a big dude.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I watched Overeem for many years now since he was a stickman. Although alot of people say he's on roid, I think he just let that genetics take its shape on him. But of course.. the dramatic increase of his size.. really does put a few ??? in my head.

Just crossing my fingers that he'll come out clean otherwise its going to be a bitchfest.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Wasn't Mir always a heavy weight?

Overeem went from fighting chuck to super massive. A much more dramatic increase in size imho.
True, but i dont think that means his on roids. Hes a professional athlete, its not like gaining such weight and muscle over number of years is impossible for an athlete of overeems calibre to do without the use of drugs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True, but i dont think that means his on roids. Hes a professional athlete, its not like gaining such weight and muscle over number of years is impossible for an athlete of overeems calibre to do without the use of drugs.
McKeever,

I don't think he is on roid either but like I said, I would like him to pass the test here just for good measures. It'll silence a few whiners.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Wasn't Mir always a heavy weight?

Overeem went from fighting chuck to super massive. A much more dramatic increase in size imho.
the thing is, is that overeem was never a natural LHW he was cutting from like 230 which is why he would gass only minutes into the fight i also read somewhere that he would piss blood because of the cut.

someone posted this on another site

Mir - 07/2009 245lbs

Mir - 03/2010 265lbs (which he cut to)

So he put on roughly 25-30lbs of muscle in 8 months

Overeem's weight for Strikeforce on November 16, 2007:
224 lbs

Overeems weight for Dream.4 on June 15, 2008:
240 lbs

Overeems weight for Dream.12 on October 25, 2009:
253.5 lbs

·
Registered
406 Posts
Anyone ehre talking about this ever even seen roids? Anyone ever use them? I can tell you without a doubt that Overeem is on the juice. Don;t even question it, all the eveidence in that video and in his weight gain tell the story.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Even if Overeem successfully passes his drug test, his detractors will just say he:

a) cycled off the roids properly
b) used HGH
c) used another PED that isn't tested for
d) is a douchebag

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
"Anyone ehre talking about this ever even seen roids? Anyone ever use them?"

Yeah, addict for years. I don't think he's on. Look at those previous weight in's. Those aren't that big of a jump in weight. He has very good genetics. I'm 252. My weight can flucuate 10lb in a month without trying. Some people lose sight of the fact that when big people have weight fluctuations they're usually big numbers. What's the big deal anyways. I don't care if they enter the cage with spikes hanging out of them.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Just because he tests clean does not really mean he didn't use peds to get where he is today. He can cycle off and maintian his size with only a slight loss of mass.

What's right and wrong asside regarding accusations I would say he most definitley is or WAS on the juice. I don't care how much you eat and how much you work out the chubby face is a dead giveaway everytime.

Also abut Mir yes he did put on alot fast but being such a confident guy he never felt weight training was the best way to go. Once he started pushing himself in that aspect he got great results. In the end of the day though it also would not be too shocking to hear that he didn't have a little extra help one way or another.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts