Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
muaythai, if you ask for advice and someone gives you their opinion and you don't like it theres no need to start shit up. if you are going to do the p90x routine then do it. if you aren't then do an mma routine... pretty simple

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
muaythai, if you ask for advice and someone gives you their opinion and you don't like it theres no need to start shit up. if you are going to do the p90x routine then do it. if you aren't then do an mma routine... pretty simple
i understand that but if people want to be a smart ass then two can play that game

·
Registered
607 Posts
smartass remarks and insults are very different... still it seems people have given the same advice about aerobics for mma. there are other ways to get in shape HIIT, stuff like that'll better condition you to the rigors of mma training.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think people here are either overestimating or underestimating P90x. P90x has been marketed as a product for "getting into shape" mainly to target a larger customer base, i sincerely doubt if people with no or little physical activity can achieve much from it. Most of it is bodyweight training accompanied by a little weight training. It focuses more on building stamina and stabilizer muscle strength, which makes it useful or atleast not completely useless for MMA. Personally (I basically rely on BJJ and Capoeira), I think, Yoga-X would definitely be useful especially for Capoeiristas and JJ guys, Legs and Back is a good routine and so is shoulders, back and triceps. The Kempo, Cardio and Plyo can be substituted with Bas's Muay Thai and all round MMA routines. P90x will help you develop general strength without costly equipment and too much time. Choose the exercises judiciously and couple it with Bas's workouts - say something like doing P90x in the morn and bas's workouts in the evening. I think that's worth a try. Agreed that Horton's a creep, but he's not come up with something thats total crap.

·
Dexter Morgan
5,815 Posts
i understand that but if people want to be a smart ass then two can play that game
Okay so let me get this straight. You came here to ask us a question with the answer already in your head. So you ask the question and when you get the answer that you disagree with, you start bitching at people and changing sentences to make your stupid ******* arguments correct, if you do not want our opinions then don't ******* ask its as easy as that. Now go do your little p90x even tho everyone said not to do it, i know you will..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay so let me get this straight. You came here to ask us a question with the answer already in your head. So you ask the question and when you get the answer that you disagree with, you start bitching at people and changing sentences to make your stupid ******* arguments correct, if you do not want our opinions then don't ******* ask its as easy as that. Now go do your little p90x even tho everyone said not to do it, i know you will..
Yes, i was going to say the same thing. A forum is to discuss opinions. If you want to ask people's opinions, hear them out dispassionately and then draw a judgement that suits you. Dont bitch and talk shit. People are giving you their opinion assuming that you're neutral on the issue - cos if you're not, then dont ask in the first place :S

·
Dexter Morgan
5,815 Posts
Yes, i was going to say the same thing. A forum is to discuss opinions. If you want to ask people's opinions, hear them out dispassionately and then draw a judgement that suits you. Dont bitch and talk shit. People are giving you their opinion assuming that you're neutral on the issue - cos if you're not, then dont ask in the first place :S
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think p90x just makes people tired. I don't think it should be a good plan if you are going to fight. If you do it to loose weight and to tone up. I am sure it comes with a strict diet plan and that's where all the success comes... the diet! You don't follow that, your just going to be a skinny fat person jumping over a bath towel in a living room.
semper fidelis

21 - 31 of 31 Posts