Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Its nice to hear good things about it, from people that aren't paid by beachbody. I just bought it and I'm starting it all tomorrow.
I can already tell the nutrition plan is going to be the hardest part for me. I'm a Fatty Mcfatass that loves his food heh.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Its nice to hear good things about it, from people that aren't paid by beachbody. I just bought it and I'm starting it all tomorrow.
I can already tell the nutrition plan is going to be the hardest part for me. I'm a Fatty Mcfatass that loves his food heh.

Lol yeah i love my food too... But hella sore from his Shock Treatment, im happy with it

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I've already decided I'm replacing that Kempo X day with Cardio X, because I cant help but laugh at the horrible technique being used.

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
I just dont see the overall benefit of p90x for MMA. There isn't enough explosive training or straight strength training in the programs that I have seen. Crossfit has some good stuff and lots of explosive exercises though.

I use a few Crossfit workouts in my workout program with my trainers that are for sure beneficial and most definantly agree with the full body workouts instead of the traditional muscle group specific days.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I'm not using it for MMA, and the question wasn't how well does it work for MMA. It was just asked if it works.

For MMA no its probably not the best thing by itself. Certain aspects work just fine, plyo and bodyweight stuff is good for folks who don't have access to gyms or weights.

The point of P90x is to just get you in shape. If you want to specifically train for something then yeah you need a more specific program.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.