Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I really like Pat, you can tell he is a big fan of the sport and not just a cocky competitor. I think his ultimate downfall will be his size. If I remember right the guy is only six feet tall, and weighs 235... that's a very small heavy weight these days.

Just another instance of why there should be a Heavy Weight Class (235) and a Super Heavyweight Class (265).

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
THAT was a cool interview. I've never paid any attention to Barry (don't know why) but, that changes now. I love his attitude and his respect for cro cop and his humility/confidence. I hope he wins by high kick.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Good interview, shows he has respect for the sport, and respects its history.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Really cool guy. As a Cro Cop fan I kinda have to pull for Cro Cop to take this one but I really wouldn't be too upset if Barry takes home the W. Outside of the cage he just seems like a really enthusiastic fan but inside the cage he's a monster. This is the first I've heard of this matchup but I'm definitely excited for it now.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
i do like pat, i tend to naturally lean towards kickboxers anyways but he seems like a cool normal dude who loves the sport.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Man Pat Barry is awesome! Seems like a really nice guy and is a good fighter that seems to really be evolving. I hope he wins since, as hard as it is to say, I think Cro Cop's time is over.

Still his height at heavy weight does worry me, what is he like 5-11 but he is 235lbs?

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
Not much to add, really. Very cool guy, with the right kind of attitude. Nice to see him paying respect to a true legend in Cro Cop, and here's to one hell of a fight. I think that Pat is going to unleash those devastating leg kicks of his, one after one, and it should be interesting to see what Mirko can conjure up as a response. Definitely an intriguing bout, and while I'll be rooting for Cro Cop, I wouldn't at all be upset if Barry walked away with the win.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
What a great guy. Respectful, sportsmanlike, enthusiastic.

Hopefully the camera/sound will be close enough to pick it up if he really does ask CC for his autograph.

·
Banned
439 Posts
What a great guy. Respectful, sportsmanlike, enthusiastic.

Hopefully the camera/sound will be close enough to pick it up if he really does ask CC for his autograph.
It'd be awesome if he whipped out a sharpie from his shorts and have him sign his gloves (pro football style) :thumb02:

He does have a great attitude and outlook. Seems like a real chill/fun person to be around.

I lol'd at one of the comments saying that he has ADHD.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
hard not to like HD.

hopefully he is working hard on his ground game because he isnt always gonna be facing kickboxers.

ill be cheering for HD for sure and hoping he can make his mark.

love those brutal leg kicks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I like pat berry I think if he moved down to lhw he could cause waves but at hw he is to small. I think if cro cop takes him down he could win by tko or a unanimous decsion

1 - 20 of 25 Posts