Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the Countdown show ATM and Pat Barry is quickly turning into one of my favourite fighters. He's one of the most respectful UFC fighters out there, he clearly loves what he does and has some mad skills. I didn't realise just how athletic this dude is. He didn't start kickboxing until he was 23, but before then was a Gymnast, and is capable of doing some crazy things. He did a whole series of backflip hand-stands, he's a HW, he shouldn't be able to do that. Awesome.

Also loved the story prior to the Hardonk fight too. He literally had nothing in his bank account, he owed a load of money to different places and in the weeks leading up to that fight he was living on rice and ketchup. He then went on to destroy Hardonk, earn $21k purse + $120k in bonuses. It's like something out of a film. The emotion he showed after that fight was fantastic, and made it quite obvious how much he loves this sport.

Given his athleticism and talent he could be a real force in this division, if he can handle the wrestlers that is. Therefore I'm very torn when it comes to this fight. I love Cro Cop and would love to see him pull out another LHK highlight reel knockout, but it'd suck to see Barry get KO'd. I think the best we can ask for is a 3 round close decision war with no real loser. I want to see both guys looking great, going in there and putting on a show. I cannot wait, going to be such a sick fight.

"Whether you're Cro Cop, Tyson or Godzilla; if I hit you, you're going to feel it." Pat Barry. WAG.

Reactions: Chewy

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Hes promised us a techno Viking entrance a while ago if he got on the main card. If he pulls off the entrance then he is the man. (and the internet will explode)

·
Registered
877 Posts
I am really starting to like this guy a lot too from watching the countdown show!:thumbsup:

He looked pretty sick when he was amateur too,pretty incredible.

Does anyone remember, when he was talking about one of his first opponents had 75 pro-kickboxing bouts and his third opponent had 60 pro MMA bouts?
I don't buy that for a second. He might have been trying to hype himself,but he didn't need too..

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Does anyone remember, when he was talking about one of his first opponents had 75 pro-kickboxing bouts and his third opponent had 60 pro MMA bouts?
I don't buy that for a second. He might have been trying to hype himself,but he didn't need too..
He told the truth about the first guy he fought, almost 50 MMA fights; http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mike-Delaney-752

Also the kickboxer with 70+ fights, I couldn't find anything on him but since he told the truth about the first guy I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, it is not unlike kick-boxers to have a barrel load of fights like that after all and since that was his one and only MMA fight he must of went back to Thai Boxing.

Barry is an awesome guy, great character and fighter I wish him all the best.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
My new favourite fighter... I think sooooo.

·
Registered
877 Posts
He told the truth about the first guy he fought, almost 50 MMA fights; http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mike-Delaney-752

Also the kickboxer with 70+ fights, I couldn't find anything on him but since he told the truth about the first guy I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, it is not unlike kick-boxers to have a barrel load of fights like that after all and since that was his one and only MMA fight he must of went back to Thai Boxing.

Barry is an awesome guy, great character and fighter I wish him all the best.
´
Thanks for the link. The MMA guy had 43, and not 60 fights, but I guess is not that far away.
Yeah, about the kickboxing guy's missing record might be due to him being a san shou competitor.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
Hes promised us a techno Viking entrance a while ago if he got on the main card. If he pulls off the entrance then he is the man. (and the internet will explode)
didnt he do it in the Hardonk fight, for some reason i think he did, i maybe wrong but i can picture it in my head that he did.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm on the wagon too. He's very likable and totally transparent when he talks. What you see is what you get basically.

And holy shit, those leg kicks are nasty. The guy's legs are massive themselves, I can't imagine how it must feel getting hit by them.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
Everybody find his website or FB or whatever and remind him. This is of the utmost importance.

A techno Viking entrance is possibly the only thing that would rival the glory of a CC LHK.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
The guy is awesome. but im still rooting for cro cop

·
Registered
6 Posts
Their exchanges during yesterday's UFC 115 presser were quite hilarious as well. Check that out if you haven't. I think Cro Cop actually got more laughs than Barry.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah I must say, after watching the countdown, I was super impressed by his athleticism.
Those kicks look massive!!
And the dude is decent too...

I hope he is really working on his TDD and ground game...he could be the next big thing...plus he is pretty young still, isn’t he?

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
AAHAHAHAA!! I remember seeing that awhile back, but it never gets old. Love the guys in the background busting their guts laughing.

You can get a Techno Viking shirt? Where where where??

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
At the end of the clip, there's an image of a shirt with Techno Viking on it.

Of course not Techno Viking wearing a shirt!! I haven't been hit in the head that many times!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.