Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cote wins a war

Votes: 4 12.5%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think this would be a wicked exciting fight, cote can throw his hands and has an awesome chin..this would be a stand up war...i think rich wins by tko in round 3..but this will be awesome if it happens...i hope its Cote and not Lutter that will be a bore fest and Rich will kill that guy

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
If Cote does face Rich, I hope he can pull it off! It would probably give other fighters who are down on there luck hope! But Rich will most luckily win that war! Either way I won't be to disappointed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cote for sure would be better fight then Lutter. I have seen alot of Cote since he was in Canada for a while and that is where I am from and what I payed attention to before I started to tune into the UFC. Franklin has been unstoppable as champ though and I am sure this match could shape up to be war but I would still see Franklin winning cause he is the more experienced fighter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
He won't be fighting Rich because Rich won't be the champ!!!

I'm Rich Biatach!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
jaymackz said:
I wouldn't underestimate Cote......hes still young, and he has a long ways ahead of him......and under George St. Pierre + David Loiseau? they'll train him right...after this season. :) even if he doesnt win this season he'll work his way up somehow.
I saw him against Leben and he just didn't have anything special (GSP and the Crow). He got punched straight in the face while looking for instruction from Serra? While on top, he looked to Serra for direction. He's had at least 10 fights and is under good training already. I think he's a good fighter but won't beat the elite class.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Have you guys ever even watched a Rich Franklin fight? Or did you just sherdog him and think you know how he fights? Patrick Cote is a heavy striker, Rich Franklin has a weak chin. David Loiseau knocked him down more then half way through the fight when David was already hurt. Cote could easily rock him and get a win.

"Cote sucks. His fight with rivera sucked and it was his first win? Granted, he can beat ass 99% of the time but he will never be champ."

Very smart comment. You make yourself seem very knowledgeable as you give you know reasoning behind anything.

Patrick Cote has an incredible chin and striking is his main point so he could easily win the standup with Rich. If this fight were to happen, Rich would probley try and take him to the ground and finish from there. I call Rich winning by GNP.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
As far as I remember he got rocked late in the Loiseau and Tanner fights, and he was completly killing them both. I am not taking anything away from Rich, I am just saying that saying Patrick Cote "sucks, and doesn't have chance" etc. is very stupid to say.

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
He got hit really hard by Loiseau, fell, and recovered. Loiseau was hesitant throughout the fight, so I don't know what Rich would do if he pressed the action more. Seeing as he's only been put to sleep once by Machida, I don't really see Cote defeating Rich. I see Rich either subbing him or TKO'ing him. Cote is pretty much the only guy who'd give Rich trouble though. Franklin likes to bully people around, and doesn't know what to do when someone else is playing the bully role. If Cote did press the action, he may very will beat him. Who knows, it's MMA.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Cote would probably be the best guy to go fight Rich just because he matches up good against him but I dont think he is gonna win that show. His last fight was not very impressive and I think Dewees is gonna take him out if they fight each other.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.