Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Paul ‘Semtex’ Daley

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO SEMTEX

The time for talking is almost over, but the UFC have asked me to do a blog during these last two weeks so I’m gonna talk a little more.

I am just over with the talking and training and just want to punch someone in the jaw. I understand we’ve got a fight to sell, but I am just in the mood for knocking Josh Koscheck out and letting the brutal result speak for itself.

I can talk some crap when I want to, but when I came into the UFC I wanted the results to speak for themselves. I came in with the attitude of fighting whoever they wanted me to, never saying no to any opponent, and just go out there, knock people out, and move on to the next guy.

When Joe Silva told me I was fighting on the UFC 103 undercard vs Brian Foster, cool.

They called me saying they were in a spot and needed me to fight Martin Kampmann, cool.

They needed me to fight Dustin Hazelett and step up to the UFC 108 semi-main event, cool?

All cool. I don’t pick my opponents... I just help pick ‘em up off the canvas afterwards.

Then Koscheck called me out. That’s a fact: his manager Bob Cook texted Joe Silv,a calling me out right after my last fight. Again, cool. Whatever. Kos is another top fighter, cool.

But now he says I am trying to raise my name in the sport by fighting him? He called me out; I could care less about him. I’ve been fighting top guys for years, in MMA and kickboxing. I was fighting top guys while you were doing your homework in college, hanging out with nerds, and wrestling.

He doesn’t know what is in store for him in two weeks. He’s in so deep. He can talk about my style all he wants, but he’s just a guy who no-one likes.

Okay, if we are doing this, let’s talk about his style. He’s not that great a wrestler. His takedowns have been stuffed by almost every opponent he’s faced. He can’t kick-box for crap, not if his life depended on it. If he tries to stand with me for even a second, I fear for his well-being.

His ground and pound is crap. If he grounded and pounded me in my sleep he’d barely have enough power in his punches to wake me up.

His subs are based on his strength; the technique is almost non-existent. He’s a good athlete and is strong, but I am so much stronger. I’m a different species than him. His subs just won’t work on me.

Forget it, Fraggle.

Knock me out? Too funny. People with glass chins shouldn’t throw stones. I don’t have a BJJ black belt, but I am sure I hit a little harder than Paulo Thiago, who almost decapitated Kos like a geek in a horror film.

Thiago is a tough dude and a top contender I would love to fight, but the black and white of it is he’d never scored a knockout before he sparked Kos out and he’s not scored one since. It’s a trivia question: “For 10 points: Name that clown with the stupid hair who is the only guy to ever get KTFO by Paulo Thiago?”

There’s a lot of talk about the winner getting a title shot. I’ve not heard anything like that, and if I did I wouldn’t care at this point. Everything is about this fight. Everything I am doing is about this fight.

I just cannot wait to get to Montreal. Josh is getting ‘checked out!

For more info on Semtex, visit http://www.semtex.tv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I have to say is I think this fight will be a fun fight to watch. Josh has really evolved since he first got off of the TUF show. Paul Daley has done nothing but keep surprising people fight after fight. I would say Josh wins but would not be surprised this time if Paul won. I also say they both talk good trash and if they get going could hype this fight up as good as anyone in the past! I love a good hyped up fight and can't wait to see what happens in this fight!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Interesting, Im happy he went out and said Kos is just a guy who no one likes.

Maybe he is the only guy to be KTFO by Paulo Thiago, but swick tried real hard to make that club non-exclusive, but D'Arce chokes are cool too.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I like both of these guys, despite the fact I think they both believe they are better than they truly are.

I am however, more interested in Daley/GSP than I am GSP Koscheck 2... so I'll be cheering for Semtex.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
lmao, i have to say, some of the one liners Daley were coming out with were gold. Great read.

e.g. All cool. I don’t pick my opponents... I just help pick ‘em up off the canvas afterwards.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
LOL. Awesome interview. This is the sort of stuff I like to hear from fighters. Comedy-based Trash Talk. I didn't approve of him calling Shields boring in an interview, but this stuff is funny. It's almost Hardy-esque.

Especially loved this part:

"Knock me out? Too funny. People with glass chins shouldn’t throw stones. I don’t have a BJJ black belt, but I am sure I hit a little harder than Paulo Thiago, who almost decapitated Kos like a geek in a horror film.

Thiago is a tough dude and a top contender I would love to fight, but the black and white of it is he’d never scored a knockout before he sparked Kos out and he’s not scored one since. It’s a trivia question: “For 10 points: Name that clown with the stupid hair who is the only guy to ever get KTFO by Paulo Thiago?”

Can't wait for this fight.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Daley is just getting his words in while he's still relevant... Can't blame the guy for knowing that after this fight, his 15 minutes will be cashed in... Might as well get some exposure while people still care.

At least he can take solace knowing that he'll still make the the opening bouts of PPVs though... with his exciting K1 striking and all. ;p

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Daley is just getting his words in while he's still relevant... Can't blame the guy for knowing that after this fight, his 15 minutes will be cashed in... Might as well get some exposure while people still care.

At least he can take solace knowing that he'll still make the the opening bouts of PPVs though... with his exciting K1 striking and all. ;p
Daley has been relevant for quite awhile now, actually. He has a wealth of experience and next to Bisping is one of the most well known British MMA fighters.

Im a Kos fan too but its silly to think that Semtex doesnt pose a threat. Show some respect, yeah? This will be Koschecks greatest opponent since Thiago Alves, and Semtex has very similar attributes to The Pitbull. I dont want either guy to lose but we could see Koscheck stopped should Daleys TDD be as good as he is making out.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts

Its a shame the dream catcher, Gegard isnt so relevant any more aint it?

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
gayguard should train with hardy and daley.

all 3 of them combined into a voltron of takedown defense and they might even stuff somebody one day.

Reactions: SigFig

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Its a shame the dream catcher, Gegard isnt so relevant any more aint it?
ROFLZ.

Now, I know you won't believe this, but, I actually like Daley. It's just the hyperbolic statements being made by his fanboys are getting laid on pretty thick. People are letting their emotions get the better of them imo. Lots of people hate Koscheck, and Daley has some fancy KO's...

Now step back and evaluate this match from an objective, I'm putting real money on the line here...

Who you gonna bet on?

Seems people are catching on as the Koscheck line has started to crawl up recently.

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
thx 4 being a good sport ;)

im actually a fan of the way all 3 of the guys i mentioned fight standing. they all have heart and are willing to go toe to toe.

but this is MMA. TDD is the single most important thing to have if you are a great striker.

great strikers should be made to write that line out 50x a day when they wake up.

Chuck knew this. His striking wasnt even as good as others but for most MMA fighters it was way too much. His TDD was his real weapon.

without TDD. doesnt matter what you have. daley is a great striker but not particularly fast with his movement laterally to get away from TDs. I dont think he is fast enough to stay away from Josh long enough.

JMO of course.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
ROFLZ.

Now, I know you won't believe this, but, I actually like Daley. It's just the hyperbolic statements being made by his fanboys are getting laid on pretty thick. People are letting their emotions get the better of them imo. Lots of people hate Koscheck, and Daley has some fancy KO's...
What 'hyperbolic statements' do you mean? If it's regarding his striking, then it's not hyperbole at all. The talk of Hardy being some crazy striker were hyperbole, but Daley is a legit high-level striker, and as far as I'm concerned is the best striker at 170. The 'fanboys' haven't been making these comments just because they dislike Koscheck, they've been made since the Kampmann fight. If Koscheck is stupid enough to stand with Daley he's getting knocked out. I don't think Koscheck will, and actually think he'll win the fight, but Daley's striking certainly isn't being hyperboled.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
What 'hyperbolic statements' do you mean? If it's regarding his striking, then it's not hyperbole at all. The talk of Hardy being some crazy striker were hyperbole, but Daley is a legit high-level striker, and as far as I'm concerned is the best striker at 170. The 'fanboys' haven't been making these comments just because they dislike Koscheck, they've been made since the Kampmann fight. If Koscheck is stupid enough to stand with Daley he's getting knocked out. I don't think Koscheck will, and actually think he'll win the fight, but Daley's striking certainly isn't being hyperboled.
Ok... I'm just gonna let the Daley 'appreciation' continue without any more interruptions. My gambling views are just playing through too much here. Last time I felt so strongly regarding value in a line was Mir @ -200 vs Kongo... (and for similar reasons to this match)

Though Daley does play well as a small to medium dog (3-0 in most recent efforts) so best of luck in any case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts