Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://mmafrenzy.com/14453/paul-daley-signs-with-impact-fc-for-july-3-bout-in-australia/

Just days after being released by the UFC for his post-fight sucker punch of Josh Koscheck at Saturday’s UFC 113, former welterweight contender Paul Daley is set to return to action at a July 3 Impact Fighting Championships event in Australia against an opponent to-be-determined.

“Semtex” announced the bout to MMA Weekly on Wednesday, and said he’s also in talks with Japan’s DREAM and Sengoku and Canada’s MFC for future fights.

Another former UFC welterweight contender, Karo Parisyan, has also signed with the upstart Australian promotion after failing to reach a deal with Strikeforce, and will debut on July 10 vs. Luis Dutra Jr., MMAjunkie reports.

The July 10 event will also feature Josh Barnett vs. Geronimo “Mondragon” dos Santos, while a July 17 card is expected to include Ken Shamrock vs. Pedro Rizzo (not Mark Coleman), according to MMA Fighting.
I'm happy to see Paul Daley is fighting again so soon, hopefully they find him a quality opponent. Does anybody know if thats Junior Dos Santos brother fighting Josh Barnett?

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Impact FC not UFC so off to General MMA it goes.

·
Registered
816 Posts
1 event a week ? :S

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
I can understand about not wanting to be associated with DALEY, but why isn't PARISYAN fighting in STRIKEFORCE anyone know?
My guess is because he has a pain killer addiction that forced him out of his 2 previously scheduled fights with the UFC (On like 1-2 days notice).

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
How is drug use recreational in any way?
When drugs are used in an attempt to reach a euphoric state in one form or another, as opposed to steroid user's who are abusing drugs in order to gain an athletic advantage or folks who abuse painkillers to cope with aches and pains. People who just use drugs for entertainment as opposed to those who use drugs as a means of dealing with some form of issue.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.