Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just a short clip, hes sparring against Jullian, French Savate and Kickboxing Champion.

·
Registered
603 Posts

Just a short clip, hes sparring against Jullian, French Savate and Kickboxing Champion.
There are a few fighters who have thought in the u.k mma scene, for a little while, that I felt should have got to fight in UFC ahead of the likes of Bisping,Pearson Al turk etc. Ok, Bisping's shown his worth lately with good shows against Wandy,lol. But I feel they've opened the gates for the real uk mma talent to come through, Paul Daley being one of them,Hardy,Paul Taylor. Zelg Galesic should also get a shot as exciting fighters based in the u.k as well as KARLOS VEMOLA in time, he looks to be developing into an Animal. Lee Murray was also quality, before he decided to do the 52million bank job anyone who kocks out Tito full stop has my respect.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...Daley has the tools to be successful. Will he be a top contender? That remains to be seen. Let's see how he fairs against Josh Koscheck. Everybody is all hyped about striking and that is only 1 aspect of the game. Josh is a top wrestler and could take Daley down with ease and pound him out. Josh will be Paul's biggest test. Hardy's stand-up is excellent and he never even touched GSP. Kos certainly has the ability to beat Daley by putting him on his back, over & over again wearing him down. I will say this- If Josh fights Daley like GSP did to Hardy, he will win it. Kos can strike but not on the same level as Daley. If he decides to bang with Paul, Kos will get put to sleep. The obvious intelligent gameplan would to use his superior Wrestling keeping Daley off his feet...

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
There are a few fighters who have thought in the u.k mma scene, for a little while, that I felt should have got to fight in UFC ahead of the likes of Bisping,Pearson Al turk etc. Ok, Bisping's shown his worth lately with good shows against Wandy,lol. But I feel they've opened the gates for the real uk mma talent to come through, Paul Daley being one of them,Hardy,Paul Taylor. Zelg Galesic should also get a shot as exciting fighters based in the u.k as well as KARLOS VEMOLA in time, he looks to be developing into an Animal. Lee Murray was also quality, before he decided to do the 52million bank job anyone who kocks out Tito full stop has my respect.
Lee Murray was stabbed in a night club brawl and was lucky to survive, he was told he could never fight again. Im sure after this he decided to go into crime as he could no longer do what he loved to do.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Anyone who stands with Daley is going to get ktfo. his stand up is the equivalent to Maia's ground game, i just hope he has good tdd otherwise hes in the wrong division with all the great wrestlers. I have been following Daley for years and i would love nothing more than for him to ko kos

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I just hope the trash talk from Daley has got under Koschecks skin and made him want to stand with Semtex. I would love to see Semtex knock Koscheck out, would almost make up for Hardy getting owned by GSP. Always should have been Daley getting the shot though AFAIC. Hardy's got good stand-up and all, but he doesn't have anywheren near as much power as Semtex, nor the killer instinct. If Semtex's grappling is better than Hardy's, we've got a serious contender!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love Semtex's striking. I just pray that his ground game & TDD has improved. I remember thinking "how is this guy the Cage Rage Champion??!!" when he fought Jake Shields. He's an explosive fighter and fun to watch, but if can't stuff a takedown - he's in trouble because that's Kos' bread & butter comparitively. I'd like to see Semtex take this fight, I just hope that he doesn't underestimate Kos' wrestling. If Daley ever wants to be a serious contender, he's got to improve his wrestling and TDD.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Lee Murray was stabbed in a night club brawl and was lucky to survive, he was told he could never fight again. Im sure after this he decided to go into crime as he could no longer do what he loved to do.
I know he was stabbed, but I thought this was a little while before the tito fight, and before he did the robbery, anyway if your that bad you wouldn't be able to pull that off to be fair.
I have a lot of respect for him as a fighter, every 1 does crazy shit sometimes.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I know he was stabbed, but I thought this was a little while before the tito fight, and before he did the robbery, anyway if your that bad you wouldn't be able to pull that off to be fair.
I have a lot of respect for him as a fighter, every 1 does crazy shit sometimes.
Yeah we've all pulled a £52m robbery off before, give the guy a break.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That whole robbery incident is just bizarre.

Anyway, Paul claims his TDD has improved beyond reproach so seems confident with it regarding a fight with Josh. I just hope after Hardy's fight he see's that it really has to be up there to fight top level wrestlers.

·
Banned
689 Posts
...Daley has the tools to be successful. Will he be a top contender? That remains to be seen. Let's see how he fairs against Josh Koscheck. Everybody is all hyped about striking and that is only 1 aspect of the game. Josh is a top wrestler and could take Daley down with ease and pound him out. Josh will be Paul's biggest test. Hardy's stand-up is excellent and he never even touched GSP. Kos certainly has the ability to beat Daley by putting him on his back, over & over again wearing him down. I will say this- If Josh fights Daley like GSP did to Hardy, he will win it. Kos can strike but not on the same level as Daley. If he decides to bang with Paul, Kos will get put to sleep. The obvious intelligent gameplan would to use his superior Wrestling keeping Daley off his feet...
yeah i really hope that daleys TDD and ground game has improved but the difference between daleys striking and hardys is vast and daley is alot more aggresive and more willing to let them go which can be great and detremental

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hope Daley ko's Kos

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Hardy was supposed to have the better ground game of the two, and that didnt get him very far. Cant wait to see the Kos fight. If he makes it through that then colour me very much interested.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts